cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CREDIT REPAIR JOURNEY FROM A 499 TO 694 IN A YEAR AND 1/2-**upda​te**HOME PURCHASE FINALLY!

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

MY CREDIT REPAIR JOURNEY FROM A 499 TO 694 IN A YEAR AND 1/2-**upda​te**HOME PURCHASE FINALLY!

Hello MyFicoFam Smiley Happy)

I am in desperate need of some help! I have been lurking the forums for some time now and have some questions on some things that i have seen floating around and also will post my report for someone to pick apart my plan or any advise would be helpful! I FIRST want to thank you in advance for your input and thank you for just posting your stories and success as you guys have helped me start my game plan.... ive been borderline stalking/lurking for almost a year now.. i just got a little bit of extra money since my DH got a new great job!!

First of all let me say, my dh was laid off and of course priority is rent, car loan, major bills to keep us afloat etc. Next let me say i googled some methods and did some disputing ( I dont need judgement) i have paid who i could and alot of them were duplicates/old old debts that are past SOL anyways but i now know dispute was not the best route i should have taken, although i got quite a few things removed.. yet i am still left with lots and lots of collections (embarrassd sigh) here goes...

Questions are as follows:

I found a CA that is not licesnsed to collect in my state.. how do i proceed with this one? (RJM Aquisitions is not listed on my state website updated as of 3/15) Btw IM IN CT

Also need some assistance on DV.. can i do this over the phone ?/ or must it be a letter?? can it be handwritten or typed up?? should i sign it.. ?? AT&T originally agreed to remove debt but i just recd first letter in mail with higer balance.. i will send a DV then see if i can PFD them

Next question is what to do about a CA from an old phone/cable acct that is reporting past the 7 years??

I have an acct with my mom for macys where i am a AU (she has excellent history (no lates) -member since 99 but is maxed and its hurting my utilization) should i keep it or leave it?? Its a 900 CL and so im showing at 1% available credit!!!! YIKESSS!!!  BUT... i just opened a secured cc with NFCU for 500 that is not showing up yet.. and i have a Fingerhut card that is not showing up yet either (200 CL) even if i dont touch those which i was only planning to keep them at 20% use i will still be at appx 55% USAGE. what should i Do??

NEXT i have the dreaded First premier cards c/o but i believe they are hurting my ultil for $455 and one for $515 - no CA has showed up only First Premier (they keep referring me to their "CA" that is not on my report but i refuse to pay them i am only going to pay FP first.. i hear they dont do PFD so i dont even think i should bother.

I have posted some of my results with some of these companies just in case it helps someone here and if you have any other experience than what i listed PLEASE CHIME IN , some of these big ones will be falling off soon and i have no way of paying or negotiating those huge amounts ..im sticking to the little stuff under $1000 to chip away at Smiley Happy)

3/16/2013 SUBMITTED BBB & DISPUTE FOR NORTHERN RESOLUTIONS $510 JUST POPPED UP ON CREDIT 3/2013 -have no idea who they are and they hurt my little bit of progress i made Smiley Sad

Experian (5 Chargeoffs)   (11 collections) 3/1/13  score #515

Experian (5 chargeoffs) (6 collections) 3/15 score?? awaiting credit bureaus to update

STAY

3/1/2006 Achieve Financial Credit Union $701  fall off 8/2014 (chargeoff)

2/1/2006 GMAC financial  $6924  fall off 11/2014 (chargeoff)

LTI  $14890 will fall off – (NOT REPORTING ON EXPERIAN) (chargeoff)

First Premier $445 (chargeoff) – NEED TO PAY TO 0 OUT UTILITY

First Premier  $512 (chargeoff) NEED TO PAY TO 0 OUT UTILITY

DISPUTED/BBB:

8/1/2011 NCO Fin (Esurance)   -$275 (They usually will PFD if does not delete)

10/1/2010 NCO Fin (Progressive) $606 (They usually will PFD if does not delete)

6/1/2012 RGS Financial (Cox Communications) $553 Disputed with EX (this is past 8 yrs old and balance is incorrect)

10/1/2011 RJM Acquisitions (TD Bank)    $407 Disputed with EX (They usually will PFD) (not liscenses in CT - what should i do)

3/1/2007 IC System (eye doctor) $45.00 Dispute with BBB once paperwork recd showing initial date of delinquency- past 7 years and refused to pay, this is OLD debt and are only reporting on one bureau (not sure if i should pay?? wont really help)

4/1/2010 Credit Resolutions $650 (Dental- oral max) – will not remove off credit –will not pay (UPDATE: DISPUTED WITH BBB-AWAITING RESPONSE- charging me for ALL anesthesia when was told it doesnt work on me and they said would be covered under my insurance- insurance paid the other part that was due)

UPDATED TO EXPERIAN:

(Being Removed)

10/1/2012 IC Systems: $206 AT&T (not paid-called in and disputed)

11/1/2011 Stellar Recovery (T mobile) $923 not paid called in disputed/being removed (not my acct)

American Adjustment Bureau- $124 (paid & will delete)

11/2011 Jefferson Capitol (Wachovia) Disputed with BBB- $50  (Being removed per BBB) im sure i paid this bank in order to open a new acct

6/2011 Jefferson Capitol (Wachovia) Disputed with BBB- $375 (Being removed per BBB) same thing

Equifax

3/1/2013 (4 chargeoffs  and 7 collections)

3/15/2013(4 chargeoffs and 2 collections) awaiting credit bureaus to update

STAY

4/2010  Credit Resolutions -Maxillo Oral (Dental collection) $667- will not remove from credit –will not pay them (CONTACTED BBB TO DISPUTE)

4/2009 Prestige Collection -Eye Doctor $111 – will not rem ove from credit- will not pay them (SHOULD I PAY THEM?? DEBT IS ALREADY OLD AND PAYING MAY NOT HELP CREDIT)

11/2011- First Premier  $512 (chargeoff)- need to pay hurting utilization

6/2011- First Premier $445 (chargeoff)-need to pay hurting utilization

10/2009 LTI $14890 (Chargeoff)

12/2007 GMAC $6924 (chargeoff)

As of March 2013

11/2011 Stellar Recovery TMOBILE $923   (agreed to close as dispute) 

10/2012- American Adjustment Bureau (Dr. ) $124- agreed to delete already paid

10/2012- IC Systems (At&t) $206- Disputed with IC systems- agreed to delete off credit

6/2007 Jefferson (Wachovia) $375- per BBB agreed to Delete

11/2007 Jefferson (Wachovia) $50 per BBB agreed to delete

TRANSUNION

3/1/13 (4 chargeoffs and 6 collections) score #574

3/15/13(4 chargeoffs and 3 collections) – need to update removal of collections/score

Chargeoffs

Firs t Premier Ban k $445

First Premier Bank $512

Achieve Financial CC $701

GMAC – reporting 0 balance (not listed as chargeoff either J )

Lincoln Tech - $14,890

10/12   IC Systems:   $206 AT&T (Being removed per dispute with collection agency- RECD UPDATE LETTER NOT BEING REMOVED- WILL DV )

2/2013 Northern Resolution $510 - Disputed with BBB./DISPUTED

4/2010 Credit resolutions (Dentist) Disputed with BBB $650 (refused to delete)

10/2011 RJM Acquisitions $407 TD Bank (disputed but if not usually will PFD- found out RJM not liscensed in CT to collect)

6/2011 Jeff Cap systems (Wachovia bank) Disputed with BBB agreed to remove

11/2011 Stellar Recovery (Tmobile) $923 (agreed to delete per call in and advise not my acct)

PLAN OF ACTION

Pay of First premier (DO NOT PAY COLLECTION AGENCY- need them to update 0 balance) $950

Next once dispute response recd and if not deleted PAY:

NCO financial (esurance and progressive- PFD ONLY) $275 and $606

RJM Acquisitions (TD bank) $407

NEW ACCOUNTS: need to have lease and rental management update to show auto payments 8 months of good payment history--- fingerhut pay $30 to show revolving acct and $200 avail credit------Navy federal see when cc available balance of $500 will show

YIKES THIS IS EXTREMELLLYYYYY LONG .. but any help would be soooooo APPRECIATED Smiley Happy) even just a "your on the right track" or no do this ..

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Re: PLEASEEEEEEE HELPPPP!!! (rebuilding)

UPDATE: I KNOW THIS IS LONG.. BUT ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED- ALSO FYI FIRST PREMIER WITH ME BEING PERSISTANT AGREED TO TAKE THE MONEY DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF PAYING CA ( I TOOK SOMEONES ADVISE ON THE BOARD AND FIRMLY STATED I MADE THE DEBT WITH YOU AND I WILL ONLY PAY THE DEBT TO YOU Smiley Happy AND EVEN GOT A SETTLEMENT AMT FROM THEM AND PAID IT.. THEY WILL NOT PFD OR PIF FOR SETTLEMENT AMT, BUTTTT IT WILL HELP UTILIZATION, SINCE I DONT HAVE MANY REVOLVING ACCOUNTS WITH THEM. THEY SAID IT COULD TAKE 30-60 DAYS FROM APRIL TO SHOW.. SHOULD I DISPUTE THAT THIS HAS BEEN PAID TO GET IT DONE QUICKER OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE WELL ALONE AND BE PATIENT???

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 35
lesse
Frequent Contributor

thank you guiness for replying.. i shall be patient.. tho im like a kid in a candy store.. soooo impatient..

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@lesse wrote:

Hello MyFicoFam Smiley Happy)

I am in desperate need of some help! I have been lurking the forums for some time now and have some questions on some things that i have seen floating around and also will post my report for someone to pick apart my plan or any advise would be helpful! I FIRST want to thank you in advance for your input and thank you for just posting your stories and success as you guys have helped me start my game plan.... ive been borderline stalking/lurking for almost a year now.. i just got a little bit of extra money since my DH got a new great job!!

First of all let me say, my dh was laid off and of course priority is rent, car loan, major bills to keep us afloat etc. Next let me say i googled some methods and did some disputing ( I dont need judgement) i have paid who i could and alot of them were duplicates/old old debts that are past SOL anyways but i now know dispute was not the best route i should have taken, although i got quite a few things removed.. yet i am still left with lots and lots of collections (embarrassd sigh) here goes...

Questions are as follows:

I found a CA that is not licesnsed to collect in my state.. how do i proceed with this one? (RJM Aquisitions is not listed on my state website updated as of 3/15) Btw IM IN CT  You would addresss that with your state AG Office

Also need some assistance on DV.. can i do this over the phone ?/ or must it be a letter?? can it be handwritten or typed up?? should i sign it.. ?? AT&T originally agreed to remove debt but i just recd first letter in mail with higer balance.. i will send a DV then see if i can PFD them DV must be in writing to start the cease collection bar.  Send it CMRRR.  DO NOT sign it, type your name.

Next question is what to do about a CA from an old phone/cable acct that is reporting past the 7 years?? They can report 7.5 years from DoFD.

I have an acct with my mom for macys where i am a AU (she has excellent history (no lates) -member since 99 but is maxed and its hurting my utilization) should i keep it or leave it?? Its a 900 CL and so im showing at 1% available credit!!!! YIKESSS!!!  BUT... i just opened a secured cc with NFCU for 500 that is not showing up yet.. and i have a Fingerhut card that is not showing up yet either (200 CL) even if i dont touch those which i was only planning to keep them at 20% use i will still be at appx 55% USAGE. what should i Do??  I would remove myself now and when it is paid down get added back.  That is really hurting your score.

NEXT i have the dreaded First premier cards c/o but i believe they are hurting my ultil for $455 and one for $515 - no CA has showed up only First Premier (they keep referring me to their "CA" that is not on my report but i refuse to pay them i am only going to pay FP first.. i hear they dont do PFD so i dont even think i should bother.

I have posted some of my results with some of these companies just in case it helps someone here and if you have any other experience than what i listed PLEASE CHIME IN , some of these big ones will be falling off soon and i have no way of paying or negotiating those huge amounts ..im sticking to the little stuff under $1000 to chip away at Smiley Happy)

3/16/2013 SUBMITTED BBB & DISPUTE FOR NORTHERN RESOLUTIONS $510 JUST POPPED UP ON CREDIT 3/2013 -have no idea who they are and they hurt my little bit of progress i made Smiley Sad

Experian (5 Chargeoffs)   (11 collections) 3/1/13  score #515

Experian (5 chargeoffs) (6 collections) 3/15 score?? awaiting credit bureaus to update

STAY

3/1/2006 Achieve Financial Credit Union $701  fall off 8/2014 (chargeoff)

2/1/2006 GMAC financial  $6924  fall off 11/2014 (chargeoff)

LTI  $14890 will fall off – (NOT REPORTING ON EXPERIAN) (chargeoff)

First Premier $445 (chargeoff) – NEED TO PAY TO 0 OUT UTILITY

First Premier  $512 (chargeoff) NEED TO PAY TO 0 OUT UTILITY

DISPUTED/BBB:

8/1/2011 NCO Fin (Esurance)   -$275 (They usually will PFD if does not delete)

10/1/2010 NCO Fin (Progressive) $606 (They usually will PFD if does not delete)

6/1/2012 RGS Financial (Cox Communications) $553 Disputed with EX (this is past 8 yrs old and balance is incorrect)

10/1/2011 RJM Acquisitions (TD Bank)    $407 Disputed with EX (They usually will PFD) (not liscenses in CT - what should i do)

3/1/2007 IC System (eye doctor) $45.00 Dispute with BBB once paperwork recd showing initial date of delinquency- past 7 years and refused to pay, this is OLD debt and are only reporting on one bureau (not sure if i should pay?? wont really help)

4/1/2010 Credit Resolutions $650 (Dental- oral max) – will not remove off credit –will not pay (UPDATE: DISPUTED WITH BBB-AWAITING RESPONSE- charging me for ALL anesthesia when was told it doesnt work on me and they said would be covered under my insurance- insurance paid the other part that was due)

UPDATED TO EXPERIAN:

(Being Removed)

10/1/2012 IC Systems: $206 AT&T (not paid-called in and disputed)

11/1/2011 Stellar Recovery (T mobile) $923 not paid called in disputed/being removed (not my acct)

American Adjustment Bureau- $124 (paid & will delete)

11/2011 Jefferson Capitol (Wachovia) Disputed with BBB- $50  (Being removed per BBB) im sure i paid this bank in order to open a new acct

6/2011 Jefferson Capitol (Wachovia) Disputed with BBB- $375 (Being removed per BBB) same thing

Equifax

3/1/2013 (4 chargeoffs  and 7 collections)

3/15/2013(4 chargeoffs and 2 collections) awaiting credit bureaus to update

STAY

4/2010  Credit Resolutions -Maxillo Oral (Dental collection) $667- will not remove from credit –will not pay them (CONTACTED BBB TO DISPUTE)

4/2009 Prestige Collection -Eye Doctor $111 – will not rem ove from credit- will not pay them (SHOULD I PAY THEM?? DEBT IS ALREADY OLD AND PAYING MAY NOT HELP CREDIT)

11/2011- First Premier  $512 (chargeoff)- need to pay hurting utilization

6/2011- First Premier $445 (chargeoff)-need to pay hurting utilization

10/2009 LTI $14890 (Chargeoff)

12/2007 GMAC $6924 (chargeoff)

As of March 2013

11/2011 Stellar Recovery TMOBILE $923   (agreed to close as dispute) 

10/2012- American Adjustment Bureau (Dr. ) $124- agreed to delete already paid

10/2012- IC Systems (At&t) $206- Disputed with IC systems- agreed to delete off credit

6/2007 Jefferson (Wachovia) $375- per BBB agreed to Delete

11/2007 Jefferson (Wachovia) $50 per BBB agreed to delete

TRANSUNION

3/1/13 (4 chargeoffs and 6 collections) score #574

3/15/13(4 chargeoffs and 3 collections) – need to update removal of collections/score

Chargeoffs

Firs t Premier Ban k $445

First Premier Bank $512

Achieve Financial CC $701

GMAC – reporting 0 balance (not listed as chargeoff either J )

Lincoln Tech - $14,890

10/12   IC Systems:   $206 AT&T (Being removed per dispute with collection agency- RECD UPDATE LETTER NOT BEING REMOVED- WILL DV )

2/2013 Northern Resolution $510 - Disputed with BBB./DISPUTED

4/2010 Credit resolutions (Dentist) Disputed with BBB $650 (refused to delete)

10/2011 RJM Acquisitions $407 TD Bank (disputed but if not usually will PFD- found out RJM not liscensed in CT to collect)

6/2011 Jeff Cap systems (Wachovia bank) Disputed with BBB agreed to remove

11/2011 Stellar Recovery (Tmobile) $923 (agreed to delete per call in and advise not my acct)

PLAN OF ACTION

Pay of First premier (DO NOT PAY COLLECTION AGENCY- need them to update 0 balance) $950

Next once dispute response recd and if not deleted PAY:

NCO financial (esurance and progressive- PFD ONLY) $275 and $606

RJM Acquisitions (TD bank) $407

NEW ACCOUNTS: need to have lease and rental management update to show auto payments 8 months of good payment history--- fingerhut pay $30 to show revolving acct and $200 avail credit------Navy federal see when cc available balance of $500 will show

YIKES THIS IS EXTREMELLLYYYYY LONG .. but any help would be soooooo APPRECIATED Smiley Happy) even just a "your on the right track" or no do this ..

Rentals are not on your credit report.  Only if you default.

Any thing that is paid send a GW letter.

Do not dispute accurate information.  It can lead to things you didn't want.

Message 5 of 35
lesse
Frequent Contributor

THANKS GUINESS FOR RESPONDING Smiley Happy

WITH THE AU CC WITH MY MOM- THAT IS MY ONLY CC OPEN CURRENTLY.. UNTIL NFCU AND FINGERHUT APPEAR, WHICH WOULD SHOW AS BRAND NEW ACCTS & HERS IS FRON 99 .. WHICH COULD BE POSSIBLY NEXT MONTH... WITHOUT THAT I HAVE NO REVOLVING CC AND MY CREDIT FILE HISTORY TIME PERIOD WOULD SHORTEN BY A LOT AND THE ONES THAT ARE ON THERE ARE ALL NEGATIVE.. PER MYFICO CREDIT SCORE STIMULATOR BY PAYING OFF FIRST PREMIER OVER $900  (I JUST SETTLED) THAT WILL 0 OUT MY UTILIZATION WTIH THEM AND USING THE STIMULATOR WOULD JUMP MY SCORE 20- 60 POINTS IT SAYS.. IS THIS ACCURATE??   IF I COULD GET HER TO PAY SOME OFF IN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO.. MAYBE I COULD HELP HER.. **SHRUGS**

ALSO THINKING WHEN MY 500 CC AND 200 FINGERHUT SHOW UP.. IT WILL GIVE 700 ADD'L AVAILABLE CREDIT AND WILL LOOOK EVEN BETTER... DOES THIS SOUND DUMB OR DO YOU THINK THIS WILL WORK OUT IN MY FAVOR?

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 35
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Just out of curiousity, Guiness, what happens when a CA isn't licensed? Anything?

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 7 of 35
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Henchman21 wrote:

Just out of curiousity, Guiness, what happens when a CA isn't licensed? Anything?

Since it isn't an FCRA or FDCPA issue, it would be up to your state.  Some are more consumer friendly than others.

File a complaint with the state AG for the CA trying to collect without being licensed.   Your state can fine them or file suit if they have enough complaints.  They can be barred from collecting in the state.  Not sure if that takes a law suit or if the state can do it.

I would also file a complaint with the BBB in both your state and the state of the CA.

Edited in red.

Message 8 of 35
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Vengance, huh? Haha

2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 9 of 35
lesse
Frequent Contributor

I actually had already filed a bbb and so I will try the ag next ....I am going from a 515/546/574 to a goal of 650 by next year ? I'm hitting them hard with all the tricks in the book ! I am ready for my dream home !
Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.