Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY DILEMMA....

tag
teamgray
Contributor

MY DILEMMA....

I GOT MY STATEMENT THIS WEEK FROM SCHOOLS CREDIT UNION. THEY HAVE JUST INTRODUCED THEIR NEW VISA PLATINUM CREDIT CARD, SECURED AND UNSECURED. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SECURED L.O.C WITH THEM FOR PROBABLY THE LAST 9 MONTHS......I WANT TO APPLY FOR THE UNSECURED PLATINUM VISA, BUT I DONT WANT TO GET DENIED, MY SAVING GRACE WILL BE THAT EVEN IF I AM DENIED, I CAN APPLY FOR THE SECURED CARD, AND BUILD THAT WAY SINCE I WAS GOING TO GET ONE ANYWAY FROM ANOTHER CREDIT UNION.....

WHATS YOUR SUGGESTION FICO FAM!

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: MY DILEMMA....

What is the problem with applying and being denied? Unless you have a specific short-term objective that would be negatived affected by an inquiry, I say go for it. If you want credit, you will have to risk being denied sometimes. No guarantees.

Message 2 of 3
teamgray
Contributor

Re: MY DILEMMA....

@ezdriver wrote:

What is the problem with applying and being denied? Unless you have a specific short-term objective that would be negatived affected by an inquiry, I say go for it. If you want credit, you will have to risk being denied sometimes. No guarantees.

NOTHING I GUESS, MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE WHAT IT COMES BACK WITH...

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.