cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY LAST COLLECTION - PFD SUCCESS!! How many points????

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

MY LAST COLLECTION - PFD SUCCESS!! How many points????

Hello

so i applied for a second mortgage (investment property) and was VERYYY disappointed when they pulled my credit and advised me that i had a 687 mid score.. when MYFICO puts me in the 700's... very veryyyy disappointing. So i have been trying to get this medical collection deleted via PFD, BBB, DV, and dispute for at least 3 years now.i have called the OC and the collection company many many times.  I was soo sad today that i decided i would call this collection company that has my very last medical collection company (5 years old) and i again explained my situation (the medical collection wasnt my fault as i paid the dentist what i owed and they then charged me more money because they couldnt get me numb for my oral surgery so they kept giving me more and more and then finally laughing gas and thats what the $600 was for... anywho i told them i would ONLY pay in full if they delete. ANDDDDD tthey agreed to delete my VERY last collection , no chargeoffs, no other collections, no lates or anything negative on my report so what kind of boost in score can i expect ???

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY LAST COLLECTION - PFD SUCCESS!! How many points????

@lesse wrote:

Hello

so i applied for a second mortgage (investment property) and was VERYYY disappointed when they pulled my credit and advised me that i had a 687 mid score.. when MYFICO puts me in the 700's... very veryyyy disappointing. So i have been trying to get this medical collection deleted via PFD, BBB, DV, and dispute for at least 3 years now.i have called the OC and the collection company many many times.  I was soo sad today that i decided i would call this collection company that has my very last medical collection company (5 years old) and i again explained my situation (the medical collection wasnt my fault as i paid the dentist what i owed and they then charged me more money because they couldnt get me numb for my oral surgery so they kept giving me more and more and then finally laughing gas and thats what the $600 was for... anywho i told them i would ONLY pay in full if they delete. ANDDDDD tthey agreed to delete my VERY last collection , no chargeoffs, no other collections, no lates or anything negative on my report so what kind of boost in score can i expect ???

Can't say for sure, some folks have seen jumps of nearly a hundred points, but that's rare. I know one thing for sure - time to close that Predator One card for sure. Open A Capital one QS or Venture (or both), or a Barclays Reward MC if you've got a couple years of payment history. Any one should be a lock with ~700 scores.

Message 2 of 6
lesse
Frequent Contributor

That would be soo great..  thank you Normal for always being soo helpful!

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Also may i ask.. what would be the value of getting rid of creditor one (besdies the fees) they waived this year already... Is there value in having multiple cards with high balances as opposed to having smaller balances? like for example is it scored better for having a Barclay MC worth $3k -over having creditone $600 .. .. like will i get more points or a better score for that? i currently have 21,450 worth of available credit .. i only spent $900 on the big card with 12.5k availalbe so thats all i have spent out of over 20k of available credit.. just wondering if those sub prime cards hurt my credit? i initially left it open since its my longest card and i wanted a longer AAoA but i was informed by a member of Myfico that i will still keep the points and time even if i close it so i was considering closing it but didnt know if there were any other value other than fees? thanks

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lesse wrote:

Also may i ask.. what would be the value of getting rid of creditor one (besdies the fees) they waived this year already... Is there value in having multiple cards with high balances as opposed to having smaller balances? like for example is it scored better for having a Barclay MC worth $3k -over having creditone $600 .. .. like will i get more points or a better score for that? i currently have 21,450 worth of available credit .. i only spent $900 on the big card with 12.5k availalbe so thats all i have spent out of over 20k of available credit.. just wondering if those sub prime cards hurt my credit? i initially left it open since its my longest card and i wanted a longer AAoA but i was informed by a member of Myfico that i will still keep the points and time even if i close it so i was considering closing it but didnt know if there were any other value other than fees? thanks

Not fan of Credit One *at all*. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Sherman Capital - a VERY large junk debt buyer. They essentially help to ruin peoples credit with the left hand, then offer them "new" credit  (usually at predatory terms) with the right hand. I personally will not do business with a company like that. To me thats a predatory business model.

At this point you have two very large credit lines, and five other accounts. Divesting yourself of the vulture is not going to hurt you in the least. An account from Cap One or Barclays will grow with you, right alongside the other cards.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had CreditOne for 1 year and everytime I made an online payment they required me to enter my phone number and consent that my phone number would be given to telemarketers. I didn't like getting robo-calls so I started entering CreditOne's phone number so they could robo-call themselves Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.