Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY MISTAKE HELP!!!!

tag
vnita06
Valued Member

MY MISTAKE HELP!!!!

Ok, so I have made a huge mistake and I am hoping that someone can help me or do I have to wait 7 years. I had two accounts that were charged off and I wanted to get rid of the debt over my head so I foolishly settled with the CA, and what's going to report on my report is settled for less that full balance. I know now that it was a mistake for me to do that. Is there any thing I can do to fix it or will I just have to wait it out.???????? Please Help.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
notyours
Contributor

Re: MY MISTAKE HELP!!!!

Send the a GW request to remove it from your credit report.

I am a newbie too still learning. i am sure people will chime in and give you more details etc.

but I am pretty sure you can find some examples of GW letters.

GOOD LUCK

GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it hasn't yet reported, if you can, pay the remainder so it will show as PIF.  Other than sending GW letters as suggested, there isn't much to be done.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You settling it doesnt renew the amount of time it can remain on your reports.  Despite any recent transactions, settled or paid in full, its removal from your reports will still be based on the date of first delinquency.

Message 4 of 10
vnita06
Valued Member

Ok, who would I send gw to? The oc or the ca.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are both reporting I would send to both.

Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, there's no difference with a PIF CA or settled CA. Both are equally bad.

Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

To who is reporting and who you settled with.  You are right, settled for less does not look good to FICO.  It won't make it stay longer though.

Message 8 of 10
vnita06
Valued Member

So at this my point my credit score is already low. Will it lower because I settled the debt
Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it won't lower your score.  It is the same as a CO.  However, lenders may not like it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.