Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY UTILIZATION IS 171% WHAT TO DO?

tag
FREEMASON8040
Valued Member

MY UTILIZATION IS 171% WHAT TO DO?

Lets start by me saying thank you to all you guys. If it wasn't for the great advice that was given to me I

wouldn't be doing anything about my credit.

Now to the problem well I check equifax credit report and it said my utilization is 171%

I have these items on my credit:

Charge off Hsbc $1900

Judgment Capital One $563

Charge Off Citi $2100 (this was not my account my account I was a authorize user I called citi told me I have to fax them a letter for it wont report on my credit)

Capital One Secured $200

Capital One Cash Reward $300(my mothers account, IM a authorize user)

So my question how in the world would I bring that Utilization percentage down?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: MY UTILIZATION IS 171% WHAT TO DO?

Are those chargeoffs reporting a balance?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 7
FREEMASON8040
Valued Member

Yes. Citi, Capital One and Hsbc All report a balance.

@injustifiiable wrote:

Are those chargeoffs reporting a balance?

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd save up and pay off the COs. You'll see a decent score boost off of that. 

For Citi, if the "Responsibility" field says "Authorized User", then I'd dispute it. The account isn't yours.

Message 4 of 7
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Agreed with above. The only way to see a boost and lower util is either to pay off your COs to show 0 balance or try PFD or get a huge secured credit card to offset the util %, however if you have money to get a secured credit card with say $10k limit then you better off paying the COs anyway...otherwise your util will always be affected until the COs fall off or are sold to a CA and report a $0 balance.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Ditto on the charge-off.  And for reasons in addition to the reduction in % util.....

The CO also has the potential to be assigned or sold to a debt collector, thus resulting in the additional reporting of a collection.

If still within SOL, legal action could be taken, thus potentially adding a judgment.

The CO has the potential to get worse.

How old is the judgment?  Is it still within its enforceability period?

After securing a judgment, the judgment creditor can then take action to enforce the judgment, such as by attachment of wages.

Message 6 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Or get a low interest loan from the freemasons and use that to fix your credit.  Then work on giving back to the brotherhood.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.