Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 21 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MYFICO IS JUST A BUNCH OF SCUMBAGS

@jdxprs1 wrote:

Thanks to this foolish myfico system, I have horrible credit.

My score is currently 472. I have over 12 months of perfect payment history on a mortgage, 5 credit cards, and 1 vehicle loan. 6 MONTHS ago my score was 536. So as my delinquencies have become older, my scores have dropped. Oh, and my balances on the credit cards now show less than 10% balance to limit, and 6 months ago i was around 90%.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine lost his home to foreclosure 3 months ago, he checked his fico today and it was 624.

What a joke this system is. It makes me sick that the people who run this scam have become rich doing it, while hurting the lives of the people they **bleep** over.

Someday they will have to explain themselves to god.

Hi jdxprs! Smiley Happy

I've been following this thread, and your frustration is palpable. Having personally taken the rebuilding road, as a great many of us have, I understand how the lows can seem disproportionately low & punitive, while the gains are not fast enough, often enough, or big enough. Believe me... I know. That said, I never had "bad credit" because of the credit scoring system, fair or unfair. But heaven knows, I had "bad credit," LOL! The scoring methodologies only rated the contents of my credit reports. Fair Isaac didn't put any of that data there.

And, while the proprietary detail has never been revealed to me, for any of the score providers, there have been some definitive constants that seem to remain true:

1. When I had high utilization, poor payment history, collection accounts, and other derogs, my scores were low (in all scoring models)
  2. When my utilization remained low, my payment history became stellar, AND the collections & other derogs went away, my scores rose from the ashes (in all scoring models)

That's a theme that I see repeated, over, and over again without exception. I have never seen, or heard of anyone, anywhere with a clean report (no derogs), perfect payment history, low utilization, low or no INQs, and not a bunch of new credit who has been singled-out by FICO or anyone else to have "bad credit risk" levied upon them.

One thing that sticks out in my mind, reading your OP in this thread, is your focus on the last 12 months (when scoring models weigh the full content of your credit reports, which is going to account for any negatives for *at least* the last seven years, possibly longer if PRs are involved). As much as we'd like (I sure would!) to just erase or ignore the bad that happened prior to our newer & improved credit behavior, it doesn't work like that... at least, not until it clears right off of your reports. AND, depending on how previous derogs are reported, and sometimes our own actions (e.g. disputing accurate tradelines with undesirable end results-- and I'm not saying that you've done this, I'm just giving a singular example), the pain can grow... exponentially.

You've noted that you have 12 months of *perfect* payment history. Excellent! But, as other members have asked (and you're certainly under no obligation to reveal), you don't tell us what negatives are at play. And, there would have to be negatives in play. Whether they're accurate or not, I don't know. Whether they're warranted or not... don't know (for the record, the FICO scoring model doesn't know either). I do know, however, that you've not been singled out. That people with similar credit profiles as yours (whatever it may be) are equally as penalized. And, I also know, beyond the shadow of any possible doubt, that time, and your continued dedication to paying on time will heal the wounds. It will.

I hope that you realize that there are things that you can do to improve your credit reports, which will in turn improve your scores. It's undeniable. I hope that you'll take a deep breath, and realize that you've joined a community of doers, many of whom that have done the 'one step forward, two steps back' dance from morbidly low scores, right on up to FICO High Achiever status. And, that a good many of us realized, as we make the never-ending journey, that we're not doing it for numeric bragging rights. Rather, it makes our financial lives less complicated when we want to borrow money, get insurance, get jobs, etc... And, while we tip our hats to those who may have been a little wiser (realizing the importance of credit from the beginning, never living beyond their means, striving to never, ever pay late, avoiding predatory lending traps, always reading the fine print, etc...) than we were in the past, or in some cases, just a little luckier (never suffered a job loss that outlasted savings, or reduced income (underemployment) with fixed expenses, or a lost check in the mail, or a medical emergency that was bigger that an emergency fund, or on the losing end of a legitimate contractual dispute that went to court, or the myriad of other reasons that people might have derogs that didn't necessarily result from gross irresponsibility), we soldier on with the realization that stuff happens, but we're not helpless. We analyze. We act. And we realize that we didn't get into the mess overnight, so it's not going to miraculously get fixed overnight. Then, we pay it forward. You don't even need to subscribe to, or buy into any scoring models to take advantage of the pool of knowledge that exists here. You only have to take responsibility, and wade in. 

So, I guess the ball is where it started & where it stays; in your court. What are you going to do? Anger is fine, if that's what you feel, but the "system" isn't changing any time soon, it appears. And, even if it does, I'm sure that derogatory history on credit reports is going to hurt, no matter what the system is. So, what now? Is what you feel intese enough to change your circumstances? Is what you want compelling enough to move you to action?

Message 22 of 74
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

lilmirth,

the negatives i have are....

a judgement from 2007 that is paid off

approx 15 over 30's on mortgage since 2003, none in last 13 months.

3 credit cards charged off. most recent was 2008. all have been paid in full since then.

4 paid collections accounts. all medical. all for under $150.

i've done line by line comparisons with the credit reports i printed out 12 months ago. NO NEW NEGATIVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN ADDED.

The only possible reason for my score dropping is some kind of rebucketing. Which means i've done nothing but waste my time, money, and effort trying to fix my scores. This whole system is nothing more than a scam to make the banks money.

**bleep** credit. Cash is king.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 23 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:

lilmirth,

a judgement from 2007 that is paid off

approx 15 over 30's on mortgage since 2003, none in last 13 months.

3 credit cards charged off. most recent was 2008. all have been paid in full since then.

4 paid collections accounts. all medical. all for under $150.

i've done line by line comparisons with the credit reports i printed out 12 months ago. NO NEW NEGATIVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN ADDED.

The only possible reason for my score dropping is some kind of rebucketing. Which means i've done nothing but waste my time, money, and effort trying to fix my scores. This whole system is nothing more than a scam to make the banks money.

I can understand the frustration.  Unfortunately, it is easier to get into trouble than get out of trouble.  Giving up is something you may live to regret.

Yes, the whole system may be nothing more than a scam, but it is the only game in town at this point.  There is a wealth of information on this site and I would be surprised if you couldn't find ways to eliminate the negative effects some of those derogatory items have on your credit score.  The lates, charge-offs and collections may be able to be goodwilled.  The judgment would be harder to deal with, but you may be able to reduce the effects of even that, too.   

Message 24 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:

• a judgement from 2007 that is paid off (When was it paid?)
  • approx 15 over 30's (What does this mean? 60s, 90s, 120s? I'm not asking to be nosy, but to understand how it might be affecting your score-- it might matter) on mortgage since 2003, none in last 13 months.
  • 3 credit cards charged off. most recent was 2008. all have been paid in full since then. (When were they paid to zero, and did the OC own still own the debts when you paid? Were there balances reported, by the OC, that got updated to "$0" after you paid. Are there both OC & CA accounts?)
  • 4 paid collections accounts. all medical. all for under $150. (When were they paid?)

i've done line by line comparisons with the credit reports i printed out 12 months ago. NO NEW NEGATIVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN ADDED. (Have any positive, or even older tradelines that had some scattered negatives aged off? Have you been seeking credit?)

Rebucketing is certainly a possibility. You may now, for example, be judged more harshly for having an older credit file, with they types of derogs that you have, but you would be able to attain higher scores than before you were rebucketed. That said, rebucketing is not the only possibility for why your scores may have dropped. What reports are you comparing (older EQ to newer EQ, or older TU to older TU)? Pull out those reports again, and look harder at the derogatory accounts. You've established that no new derogs have been added, so forget that. Instead, focus on the derogs that are there. Have any of the dates changed, such as the "closed date", perhaps? Particularly if you've actually paid some of these accounts off within the last year, we need to understand if/how the reporting of these accounts may have changed.

I get that you're frustrated. It is VERY disheartening to put so much time, effort, and money into repairing past missteps, only to see our scores drop. It is very painful indeed. I can promise you this, I didn't get to the 700 Club by way of a neatly paved, steeply sloped road. It was more like a side street after the Spring thaw, frought with crater sized potholes, on a gradual, but rutty incline... You're always moving, sometime trying to rock yourself out of a "stuck spot", sometimes realizing that you're sliding backwards, right before you gain some traction & hit the gas. It feels like it takes forever, but you eventually get to your destination.

Knowledge really is power here. Your efforts aren't in vain. First, getting out from under debt & liability is NEVER a wasted effort. That's got to be a huge relief. Endeavoring to understand the forces driving your credit score(s), or lackthereof if you so choose, will help you to navigate the world you live in, whether you decide to forgo credit or not. It'll help you to avoid the predatory practices of banks, and to not be victim to their greed. You are very much correct in that credit scoring (aka *risk scoring*) is designed to support the risk based pricing of credit products, and is leveraged by far more than it was probably ever intended (insurance, basic services where you pre-pay or pay as you go, such as utilities, employment, etc...). It wasn't designed to be a measuring stick for consumers. It was designed for our lenders. They don't want to know how wonderful we are today. They want to know, based on both current & past behavior, what the chances are of our not paying them back. And, they want to know who they can extract the most money from.

Yes, cash is definitely king. But, having access to credit (and inexpensive credit at that), if & when it is convenient to you, can very much enhance your Life 2.0 user experience.

Edited because my paragraph breaks keep disappearing!

Message 25 of 74
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

i've been down the pay for deletes road, and the goodwill road as well. afni was the only success i had with that.

judgement was paid off in 08.

charge offs were all paid to O.C.'s. none ever went to collections.

mortgage had two over 60's and one over 90.

medical collections were paid off approx a year or so ago.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 26 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:

i've been down the pay for deletes road, and the goodwill road as well. afni was the only success i had with that.

judgement was paid off in 08.

charge offs were all paid to O.C.'s. none ever went to collections.

mortgage had two over 60's and one over 90.

medical collections were paid off approx a year or so ago.

Nothing is stopping you from a new and improved, even more persistant than before goodwill campaign. Smiley Happy And, if not, the derogs will fall off at a max of 7.5 years from the DoFD. FICO has no memory, so you could wait it out if you choose that route too. I actually had to do that with a charged-off card that wasn't even "mine". It was identity theft, and I wasn't willing (my responsibility, so I had to live with the consequences) to turn in the cousin who opened the card. But, fall off it did, and I'm no longer penalized for it.

The charge-offs are what I'm particularly interested in. You need to look closely at the dates. What closed dates are listed for those particular tradelines? What about the DoLA (date of last activity)? Can you copy and paste the tradelines (minus the account numbers), and tell us which report it's from (EQ or TU)? Here's why I'm asking... You're already in the most penalized/painful bucket. PR + Major derog. And, please... I'm not pointing that out to make your feel worse, or anything of that nature. I'm just trying to help you to figure out the 'whys' of your score drop, and suspecting that it may not be due to rebucketing, or entirely due to rebucketing. I'm suspecting that there's been a change to a reporting date that may have 'refreshed' (for lack of a better term) the pain of an otherwise aging derog. I'm wondering if you paid to zero one or more of these accounts in the last year, or possibly disputed some aspect of these tradelines, which resulted in the closed date, or DoLA getting updated.

If you don't want to c/p the tradelines (minus any personally identifying information), see if you've got an older (pre-score drop) report to compare to a newer (after your score drop) one. Reports pulled directly from either TU or EQ. Pay specific attention to the status dates, and see if they're identical. Pay extra close attention to the "date closed". Then, you can just report back to let us know if there is a difference between the reports.

Message 27 of 74
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Rebucketing is certainly a possibility. You may now, for example, be judged more harshly for having an older credit file, with they types of derogs that you have, but you would be able to attain higher scores than before you were rebucketed. 

That's a perfect example of the madness of the system. If that is indeed the case why the OP's score went down (which might be absolutely possible), You might have to think of myfico's own "advice" I could bet is currently listed as reason for the OP's lower score:

- "Your credit file shows missed payments in the past. Their impact will be smaller over time."

Message 28 of 74
sybo40
Regular Contributor

I have to agree.  I was working my arse off paying things off, sending GW letters, and PFD letters.  While I didn't expect EVERYTHING to work, I remained vigilant and consistent every 3 months, paying and checking over and over.  Without going into too much detail about the baddies and BK I had, I just decided to not concentrate so much on the score and just either pay or wait it out, depending on how old the debt is.  I grew frustrated, too, because it seemed that a lot of rebucketing was going on.  It has just become too crazy.  It's as though you work becomes your personal life and you spend more time fighting the wrongs of events that should have never occurred and you are at the mercy of those who have WAY TOO MUCH (and SUPER EASY) ACCESS to your credit file via easily purchased, outdated debt information.  It would seem to me that the CAs who purchase the debt from the original OC should NOT be able to sell off the debt to another CA since they assume the risk of collection at the time they acquire the accounts.  I know this is naive business thinking (because I REALLY don't want to go into too many technical details), but it has just become much too difficult trying to maintain this stuff.  It's as though you can never LIVE for working on this stuff day in and day out.  They get those of us with challenged credit by rebucketing, so some of us feel as though there is NO LIGHT at the end of the tunnel, and then they get those of us who have NEVER seen a blemish on our reports because they KNOW they want to protect it and will pay in a heartbeat so that it doesn't create some crazy drop, causing increases in interest rates, decreased on credit limits (or closures altogether), and NOW decisions based upon what you view on the internet.  It's just crazy, and while I am not giving up, I think (for my OWN sanity), that I have to back away a little and rethink my strategy.  :-)  TRUST ME...I get the frustration...but you HAVE to keep going.  Some of it has paid off and I still believe in ME...NOT the system.  Just change the way you attack it...the system isn't going anywhere, so you might as well try to find a way to work WITHIN

@ScoreBooster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rebucketing is certainly a possibility. You may now, for example, be judged more harshly for having an older credit file, with they types of derogs that you have, but you would be able to attain higher scores than before you were rebucketed. 

That's a perfect example of the madness of the system. If that is indeed the case why the OP's score went down (which might be absolutely possible), You might have to think of myfico's own "advice" I could bet is currently listed as reason for the OP's lower score:

- "Your credit file shows missed payments in the passed. Their impact will be smaller over time."

it.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 74
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I have just finished reading this entire thread, and there are a few observations I'd like to make/address.

First, we are a friendly & helpful bunch of folks here. Many of us have been here for several years both fixing our own credit messes & assisting others with repairing theirs. To see your subject line, basically calling us a bunch of scumbags...well, I take that personally.

You also say that "Thanks to this foolish myfico system, I have horrible credit." That is not true. You have horrible credit because of judgements, late mortgage payments, credit card chargeoffs and medical collections. Paid or unpaid, they are all still there hurting you.

I am not pointing a finger at you and chastising you for where you were over a year ago. That would be like the pot calling the kettle black. When I began my credit repair journey, my reports looked worse than yours & if I'd actually purchased my FICO scores that long ago, they would have been in the 400's. I had over 13 negative accounts and ONE good one.

All that being said, there is one main thing that 99% of us here have all faced....we KNEW that WE made a mess of our credit & needed to start that long haul up that steep hill. So far, all of the responses to your comments were written with understanding, compassion & a helpful attitude to try and find out what had happened to your scores. In turn, they were all met with a concrete wall and the finger pointing away from yourself, with you never really taking responsibility for why you are where you are.

Just like an addict, you cannot begin the (credit) healing process until you can admit that YOU are the cause for the content of your reports. We, including myself, are ALL here to help everyone. We do not make anyone feel bad about what is on their reports, we judge no one. All we want to do is help and advise. But to continually put the blame on another cause is what is known as denial.

I came here years ago, stood at the virtual podium, and essentially said..".Hi I'm BungalowMo, and I have totally *bleeped* up my credit & need help". Every single person here welcomed me and helped me. We will all do this for you as well. All you need to do is admit to yourself that you alone got yourself into the boat you are in.

Whether or not you choose to take responsibility doesn't matter to me....but what does get me angry is to see you call this collective group of wonderful, smart & helpful people a bunch of scumbags.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.