Did you mean: 

MYFICO IS JUST A BUNCH OF SCUMBAGS

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: MYFICO IS JUST A BUNCH OF SCUMBAGS

+

BungalowMo wrote:

I have just finished reading this entire thread, and there are a few observations I'd like to make/address.

First, we are a friendly & helpful bunch of folks here. Many of us have been here for several years both fixing our own credit messes & assisting others with repairing theirs. To see your subject line, basically calling us a bunch of scumbags...well, I take that personally.

You also say that "Thanks to this foolish myfico system, I have horrible credit." That is not true. You have horrible credit because of judgements, late mortgage payments, credit card chargeoffs and medical collections. Paid or unpaid, they are all still there hurting you.

I am not pointing a finger at you and chastising you for where you were over a year ago. That would be like the pot calling the kettle black. When I began my credit repair journey, my reports looked worse than yours & if I'd actually purchased my FICO scores that long ago, they would have been in the 400's. I had over 13 negative accounts and ONE good one.

All that being said, there is one main thing that 99% of us here have all faced....we KNEW that WE made a mess of our credit & needed to start that long haul up that steep hill. So far, all of the responses to your comments were written with understanding, compassion & a helpful attitude to try and find out what had happened to your scores. In turn, they were all met with a concrete wall and the finger pointing away from yourself, with you never really taking responsibility for why you are where you are.

Just like an addict, you cannot begin the (credit) healing process until you can admit that YOU are the cause for the content of your reports. We, including myself, are ALL here to help everyone. We do not make anyone feel bad about what is on their reports, we judge no one. All we want to do is help and advise. But to continually put the blame on another cause is what is known as denial.

I came here years ago, stood at the virtual podium, and essentially said..".Hi I'm BungalowMo, and I have totally *bleeped* up my credit & need help". Every single person here welcomed me and helped me. We will all do this for you as well. All you need to do is admit to yourself that you alone got yourself into the boat you are in.

Whether or not you choose to take responsibility doesn't matter to me....but what does get me angry is to see you call this collective group of wonderful, smart & helpful people a bunch of scumbags.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 74
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I have just finished reading this entire thread, and there are a few observations I'd like to make/address.

First, we are a friendly & helpful bunch of folks here. Many of us have been here for several years both fixing our own credit messes & assisting others with repairing theirs. To see your subject line, basically calling us a bunch of scumbags...well, I take that personally.

You also say that "Thanks to this foolish myfico system, I have horrible credit." That is not true. You have horrible credit because of judgements, late mortgage payments, credit card chargeoffs and medical collections. Paid or unpaid, they are all still there hurting you.

I am not pointing a finger at you and chastising you for where you were over a year ago. That would be like the pot calling the kettle black. When I began my credit repair journey, my reports looked worse than yours & if I'd actually purchased my FICO scores that long ago, they would have been in the 400's. I had over 13 negative accounts and ONE good one.

All that being said, there is one main thing that 99% of us here have all faced....we KNEW that WE made a mess of our credit & needed to start that long haul up that steep hill. So far, all of the responses to your comments were written with understanding, compassion & a helpful attitude to try and find out what had happened to your scores. In turn, they were all met with a concrete wall and the finger pointing away from yourself, with you never really taking responsibility for why you are where you are.

Just like an addict, you cannot begin the (credit) healing process until you can admit that YOU are the cause for the content of your reports. We, including myself, are ALL here to help everyone. We do not make anyone feel bad about what is on their reports, we judge no one. All we want to do is help and advise. But to continually put the blame on another cause is what is known as denial.

I came here years ago, stood at the virtual podium, and essentially said..".Hi I'm BungalowMo, and I have totally *bleeped* up my credit & need help". Every single person here welcomed me and helped me. We will all do this for you as well. All you need to do is admit to yourself that you alone got yourself into the boat you are in.

Whether or not you choose to take responsibility doesn't matter to me....but what does get me angry is to see you call this collective group of wonderful, smart & helpful people a bunch of scumbags.

Huh, what are you talking about?? We are talking about the scoring-system - NOT the users of this forum. You might have read the entire thread - but I think you misunderstood it completely.

Your post misses the entire topic.

We were NOT discussing the question if the myfico-system is to blame for bad financial decisions in the past - we were discussing why a credit-score went down without the addition of new derogatory factors.

Message 32 of 74
mauve
Valued Contributor

Are you confused about the difference between myfico and FICO? 

ScoreBooster wrote:

Huh, what are you talking about?? We are talking about the scoring-system - NOT the users of this forum. You might have read the entire thread - but I think you misunderstood it completely.

Your post misses the entire topic.

We were NOT discussing the question if the myfico-system is to blame for bad financial decisions in the past - we were discussing why a credit-score went down without the addition of new derogatory factors.

Message 33 of 74
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@mauve wrote:

Are you confused about the difference between myfico and FICO? 

The OP was complaining about his score and the way it was calculated - NOT about the members of this forum. Neither you or me are "myfico" - unless you are a partial owner of this website.

Same applies to BungalowMo. I have no idea how he/she or any other member of this forum could consider the OP's initial post an attack on the contributing members of this forum. You need a lot of "fantasy" to build that up. I'm a posting user on myfico as well and didn't feel "attacked" as a "scumbag" in the first place. How could I?

Do I make money through myfico? Do YOU make money through myfico? Does BungalowMo make money through myfico? NO? So why should I or any other member feel PERSONALLY adressed by the OP? Please explain...

Now to myfico: Well, of course they have ties to FICO or do you think it is a coincident that you can only purchase (and to my definition, that involves money) your genuine FICO through myfico? 

What BungalowMo posted was a definition of personal responsibility for your own credit behavior. While correct, it didn't address the OP's problem or a possible explanation in any way. It mentioned a personal attack on other forum members by the OP which - surprise - nobody noticed before. Although the thread already reached its third page.

If you disagree, please tell me where the OP blamed or insulted all other members as BungalowMo accused him of - I'm obviously lacking the necessary imagination for it.

But maybe I have to wait a while before I have several thousand posts on this board as well. Then, I might react differently if somebody dares to say something critical about anything involving the four letters F, I, C and O. 'Til then, I have to rely on what I'm actually reading here. For now, I'm claiming to be ScoreBooster and NOT "myfico".Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 74
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I think there was confusion on the OP's part that caused him/her to incorrectly state "MYFICO" (i.e. this website) when he/she meant FICO (i.e. the credit scoring system). His post does say that the MYFICO is a bunch of scumbags (implying us, the members of this website); however, I think it's fair to assume that he/she meant FICO, the scoring system.

While I understand that OP is upset about the past 12 months, I 100% agree with BungaloMo because OP has also completely failed to accept responsibility for his/her own actions in the past (prior to 12 months ago). His/her post does state his/her frustration over the past 12 months, but also says that his/her credit is terrible due to "the system", which we all know is untrue. Regardless of what has happenned in the last 12 months, the only reason (setting aside identity theft) that anoyone's credit is terrible is because of their own actions.

I would love to blame my bad credit on the economy (my only baddies are a handful of CO-ed SLs and they only CO-ed because I couldn't get a job after graduation)... BUT the reality is, I took out the loans, I have to pay them back, crappy economy or not. Is it completely "fair"? No. Is life fair? No. And life certainly doesn't care about my extenuating circumstances... FICO is a mathematical algorithm and it predicts default, we're all subject to it, simple as that.

People have repeatedly tried to help OP, but all he/she has posted is unecessary, negative rants and incomplete info about various items. Obviously no ones credit scores will decrease if they're been perfect over the last 12 months, so something is missing. If he/she provides that info, we're all still happy to help!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 35 of 74
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@MBOhio2 wrote:

however, I think it's fair to assume that he/she meant FICO, the scoring system.

As I said, I was NEVER under the impression that the OP blamed other users for the situation. It wouldn't make any sense in the first place. 

I was surprised that a member with over 4,000 posts came to a different conlusion.

Message 36 of 74
mauve
Valued Contributor

MB, Bungalow, and I are all reacting to OP's attitude.  OP is decisively hostile and blaming everyone else for OP's issues.  I'm amazed Lil has the patience for this kind of ridiculousness. 

OP: if you want help, you'll open up and drop the attitude. 

Message 37 of 74
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@mauve wrote:

MB, Bungalow, and I are all reacting to OP's attitude.  OP is decisively hostile and blaming everyone else for OP's issues.  I'm amazed Lil has the patience for this kind of ridiculousness. 

OP: if you want help, you'll open up and drop the attitude. 

Lil response was great and appropriate. 

Message 38 of 74
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Ok, ok... there was a simple misunderstanding, let's all move on...

I highly doubt that BungalowMo was intending to falsely accuse OP.  He/she obviously misunderstood the target of OP's rage (since OP did in fact mislabel the target as "MYFICO" and proceed to criticize the credit improvement process) so I think we can let this go and chalk it up to miscommunication.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 39 of 74
mauve
Valued Contributor

I was called an "ass", for one, ScoreBooster.  OP talked about monitoring scores through FAKO sites (never saying that scores were from here) and called me an "ass" for pointing it out.

jdxprs1 wrote:

For the record, i would like to point out a couple things.

the only changes to my credit report in the last 12 months is that my average age of accounts has increased slightly since my accounts are all a year older, and no old accounts have been removed.

the only other change is my credit card balances of gone from around 90% usage, down to under 10% usage.

THERE ARE NO OTHER CHANGES. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR MY SCORE TO BE LOWER THAN SOMEONE WHO JUST WENT THROUGH A FORECLOSURE AND A BANKRUPTCY.

This company is nothing more than a scam.

First they make money from the banks, then they get us idiots to pay them to "monitor" our scores.

LASTLY, the scores i am referencing are MYFICO, taken right here with scorewatch. I use mpm and usaa to monitor my reports, not my scores.

Any of you that assumed i was using fako's, please dont assume you know anything. you may well be an "ass" but i'd appreciate it if you left "me" out of that.

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.