Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYFICO Report- Midland Question

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

MYFICO Report- Midland Question

I pulled my MYFICO report a few minutes ago and here is what it says for Midlandmcm.  Current Status 120+ days past due.  Amount owed $1008.  Date Opened: June 2012/  Date of last activity : July 2011.  Now this I suppose was sold from Chase which is reporting that the account is sold.  What I am wondering is who I approach first and how?  Do I contact Midland or Chase?  Should I try a DV first or a PFD?  Thanks sorry I am such a noob!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: MYFICO Report- Midland Question

What does your BALANCE show with the original creditor (Chase)?  If they have indeed sold it to MCM (as opposed to just hiring them to be their collection goon), and Chase shows a $0.00 balance, then you can try to do a GW letter with Chase and a settlement (be it PFD or a cents-on-the-dollar settlement) with MCM. 

I too have an outstanding collection with Midland -- also from Chase -- and they've been totally non-responsive to my written offers to settle.  They seem to only want to deal with you on the phone, and I just don't trust anything that's not in writing, as my SOL has past on mine and I ONLY want to do it if they'll guarantee to delete.

Not sure how much that helps, but I do know for a fact that you're going to have to deal with BOTH the OC and the CA on this, as both TLs will otherwise stay on your credit reports.

Paul

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.