Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy credit card late payment because their system sent me false info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy credit card late payment because their system sent me false info

So I have a Macy CC. For the Nov 2013 payment, I paid it with an old card that was no longer valid (a mistake). 

After a day or two, they sent me an email (auto-confirmation) saying the payment has been applied and no balance due. So I didn't think about it.

1 month later, in Jan 2014, they called me saying I have a late payment from Nov 2013. I then paid it immediately without asking about the effect on my credit (stupid me).

Now, I have a 30 day late payment on my credit card report.

Do I have a case against them since their system sent me a confirmation email about the payment? I know ultimately it's my responsibility, but I think it's reasonable when I receive an email from them, I'd assume the card is paid.

Any thought?

I called them, but they refuse to take it out. I will call them again. Any other solution?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy credit card late payment because their system sent me false info

I would see if you can access the executive office. This happened to me with Amazon (has store was upgraded to Visa) and it took a few calls and faxes but the 30 day was deleted!

Message 2 of 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Macy credit card late payment because their system sent me false info

@spike69 wrote:

I would see if you can access the executive office. This happened to me with Amazon (has store was upgraded to Visa) and it took a few calls and faxes but the 30 day was deleted!

+1.  I would call the EO office and see if they can't help you.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.