Regular Contributor
Kevin5974

Macy's / Bloomingdale's Credit Card / Northland Group -- Please Help!!

Has anybody had any recent success with either of these companies? I understand that PFD may be too difficult. I am looking to settle these rather soon as they have not been sold off but continue to report against my utilization. I owe Macy's approximately $710 and Bloomingdales $475. What type of offer is standard? I spoke with the Northland Group who is collecting on it and they offered 50% for Settled in Full. Please Help!! I am past the SOL for civil litigation but still about 18 months from having these fall off. Regardless, I would like to cure these balances so that I may one day in the future, have a credit card from them.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
js0319

Re: Macy's / Bloomingdale's Credit Card / Northland Group -- Please Help!!

If you were to settle vs. PIF on these accounts, would it affect your chances of being able to get another DSNB card in the future? 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $22.8k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $10k I NFCU CashRewads Visa Signature - $10k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Capital One Quicksilver One - $750 I NFCU CLOC - $15k

EQ FICO - 678 (8/22/14) I TU FICO - 664 (8/22/14) I EX FICO - 698 (10/26/14)
Regular Contributor
Kevin5974

Im not sure. I didnt ask them. Both accounts are handled by The Northland Group. I would like to reestablish with them. They used to have an amnesty program where they would give you a new line of credit matching the amount of the PAID chargeoff. I have been told this program no longer exists :smileysad:

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 660

Valued Member
jmoney3457

Check your pm.

Contributor
ChangeIsPossible

Any success with getting this handled or anyone have any information? I owe Macys $282 and currently trying to clean up my credit. I called and spoke with different CSR's and was told that the amnesty program is no more. I plan on paying in full and then seeing if I can send a GW letter and get TL cleaned up! Any info

Starting Score: 467 (Dec '13)
Current Score: 670 (Jul '14)
Goal Score: 720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}