Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CO from years ago.

tag
faithincredit
New Contributor

Macy's CO from years ago.

When I was really young I had a Macy's account CO for about $251 and it is long gone from my CR. Actually I forgot it but they didn't.  I applied for a Macy's charge card forgetting that I had one before and they sent me a letter telling me that I have a delinquent account with them.

Is it possible that if I pay the debt that they will either reinstate my account or still approve me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's CO from years ago.

What's the timeframe you're talking about?

Not a good sign if they remember you...typically means a blacklist of some sort.

Message 2 of 6
faithincredit
New Contributor

I think i got the card and it was closed in 2006.  I called today and they refered me to Citi bank but they are close so I'll update tomorrow after calling them.

Message 3 of 6
anjel4
New Contributor

They told me the same thing about an old account from the 90's which you would think they didn't have a record of anymore. If you pay depending on your score they'l approve you for a new account.

Message 4 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@anjel4 wrote:

They told me the same thing about an old account from the 90's which you would think they didn't have a record of anymore. If you pay depending on your score they'l approve you for a new account.

Are you SURE they'll reinstate it after they pay? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 6
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Note the "depending upon your score".....

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.