cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Card: 30-Days Late Payment Reported. Help!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Card: 30-Days Late Payment Reported. Help!?

Hey everyone, my mom has a Macy's Visa Credit Card and there was a balance of about $20.47 or so on the card since November '08 and it just showed up on my mom's credit report (checked through TrueCredit and reported to Experian) and reported a 30-day late payment for February '09.

Now the problem is that my mom said everything has been paid off already and we haven't received any statements about the balance owed in the mail. It's been 3 months since then, so I'm sure we would've at least seen one or two statements stating the balance owed and such. If so, I would've definitely paid it off by then. The balance has went from $20.47 to about $50.47 due to two $15.00 late charges. I'm surprised it didn't report a 30-day late payment until now.

Another thing is that the Macy's Visa Credit Card shows up as two accounts, one for the Visa and one for Macy's purchases, so I think it's possible that my mom only saw the balance for the Visa statement and paid all that off but not the Macy's one.

Either way, how bad is this 30-day late payment report going to affect her? She just contacted Macy's about it and they said the only thing she can do is to pay it off so that's the next thing we're going to do after this post. They were able to remove one of the $15.00 late fee charge for her.

Is there any way to remove this 30-day late payment report altogether from the report? Should I go about contacting the credit bureau?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Card: 30-Days Late Payment Reported. Help!?

Your mom needs to check the bank that she paid it from first to see whether or not the check has cleared the account. If it has, she has to provide that information to Macy's to get it corrected. If not, then you can always try a GW letter to Macy's.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Today I called Macys about 120+ lates from an old account. When I asked the rep if she would remove it she told me she would. I called 800-356-2347. This # was off the backdoor list. When she asked why I was late I told her the 1st month was b/c I didnt recieve a bill, the other 3 months was due to financial hardship. That was good enough for her. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I just called Macy's and they helped remove it right away! The call took no more than 4 minutes. The rep told me that they notify the credit bureaus and a mail will be sent to me.

The number I called was 800-627-2909 found on the backdoor list. I think the number you gave me is for Fingerhut.

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Woohoo! Congrats to both of you, whether it's Macy's or Fingerhut...or BOTH!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Ooops I did give you fingerhut #. My apologies. But Macys was so easy to deal with. I wish Cap1 was like that.
Message 6 of 10
HunnieBee1226

I know this is an OLD post, but I had to piggyback on it and say that I just called Macy's for the same thing. My husband got this card, just to get a discount on a suit for a wedding (he HATES credit cards). At the time he also added my name.  We have used the VISA card for a couple of large purchases, but I used it once to buy a hat in the store.  Not realizing the payments had to be separated for each account (Macy's store purchases or VISA card), or forgetting my husband told me that I would need to, I neglected to pay this separate $37 charge. We always make large payments, so we are in good standing.  Anyway, they reported this $37 30 days late, just as we're trying to get a new house loan, and his scores dumped like 80 points. I just called and they said they'd remove this as a one-time lifetime courtesy!  Thank you Macy's!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i closed my Macy's credit card account just yesterday, i had NO use for it anymore.... Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for posting this number!  I was in an endless loop trying to get through to Macy's, and this number got me to a live person!  My issue is that we started a Macy's account to get a discount on some furniture.  We paid it off two weeks later, but for four months, it keeps showing up on my credit report without the payment history.  When I called this number, he said he would take care of it right away!  It was bringing down my credit score because it looked like I was using 50 percent of the credit.  Thanks!!!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ps. The number on Kalv's postSmiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this number!  I was in an endless loop trying to get through to Macy's, and this number got me to a live person!  My issue is that we started a Macy's account to get a discount on some furniture.  We paid it off two weeks later, but for four months, it keeps showing up on my credit report without the payment history.  When I called this number, he said he would take care of it right away!  It was bringing down my credit score because it looked like I was using 50 percent of the credit.  Thanks!!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.