Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Goodwill Removal!!!

tag
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

Macy's Goodwill Removal!!!

I have been working on getting a charge off from Macy's removed for almost 9 months now.  finally after dv I sent a goodwill with no success, again i sent another and another.  A week ago friday I recieved a letter in the mail from macys stating that they are going to remove all negative account information from any reporting agencies.  I about jumped out of my shoes upon reading it.  So I waited a week checked my report......  nothing.   So i called the number on the letter today just to see when it was coming along and they proceeded to tel me that they had NO records of that getting mailed to me, that it was an error on their part and nothing will be deleted nor updated.  I got pretty heated and told them that this was not a mistake that was okay to make stating that i have a letter from them with their letterhead on it stating that they would be removing all negative information.  The lady answered that mistaked happened and that there was nothing that she could do.  I then went on to demand to speak with a supervisor.  she put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and said sr. i reviewed your accounts with a supervisor and we are going to take care of your accunt and remove the information..  I thanked her and asked her for another letter to be sent she said they will not send another letter and to hold on to the one i had.  i asked her if the convo we were having was recorded for proof that they would delete she said it was not but they were going to take care of it.  SHe then told me to check my report in 45 days and it should update. 

My first question- should i trust that they are going to delete this

second question- this is one of two c/o i have on my report the last reporting month was july of 2011...  How much of a score increase could i potentially see.  im in the low 600's 

thank you for any response

Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's Goodwill Removal!!!

anybody have any advice or ideas?  Im really nervous about this and how it will affect my score.....

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man I dealt with Macy's all day today and they didn't budge or help one bit. But that's just my story. Could be better for you I hope!

Message 3 of 19
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@jwpezd wrote:

should i trust that they are going to delete this

You  have the letter they sent you. You have to have some patience IMO, and wait to see if this will come off your report. You have done what you can do, and you should just wait and see if they come through. Otherwise, you have the letter and can wage battle again if it's not removed after 45 days. It's frustrating, and they sure don't treat you very nice which isn't helpful. Good luck.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 4 of 19
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

yeah the lady did say today that after review they will remove the negative information...  im wondering does anybody know how this will affect my score... i have two c/o both pif i just dont know if it will raise my score much or not.

Message 5 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Any removal of COs from your CR in my opinion is a good thing.  I know some have lost a few points because of the AAoA, but to me a dirty report is still a dirty report.  I know when I got my last baddie off of EQ and TU I got over a 50+ point bump on both, actually a 84 point bump on TU. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 19
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

yeah the letter states all NEGATVIE information i wasnt under the impression that they would delete the whole account.  im hoping i get at least a 20 point boost.... i would like to buy a home next year... all my lates will be almost to years old..  i just have these two charge offs that are really hurting me i think.  i also unfortunetly have 80% utilization....  If i pay those cards down to under 10% and this co is removed could i get in to the mid 600's  my goal is to buy a home fha in the next 12 months

Message 7 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm,,  I think that's a very achievable goal.  Get that util paid down and send GWs for the lates.  Keep on it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 19
uptown4784
Established Member

Hey, what address did you mail letter too? My macys account was sent to collection but I paid for it already

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please please let me know where you sent these letters. I am in the situation and they have ruined my perfect credit score. I couldn't believe it. Please help

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.