Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy’s:No confirmation & not accepting payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy’s:No confirmation & not accepting payments

Hello everyone,

So I’ll get straight to the point. I just got off the phone with Macy’s & they refused to take any sort of payment through the phone due to their SOL regulations. They said I can mail them the payment but they can’t guarantee anything. I asked them for a receipt or any type of confirmation after they receive my payment via mail & they stated that they cannot give me any type of confirmation because of the SOL regulations (once again). Me and my husband are kinda stuck in between and don’t know what to do. Any advice!?? Thank you in advance!Smiley Happy
2 REPLIES 2
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Macy’s:No confirmation & not accepting payments

If the creditor refuses to accept payment in the form of a cashiers check or money order, then generally they are discharging the debt represented by that payment.

1. U.C.C. - ARTICLE 3 - NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENTS (2002) › PART 6. DISCHARGE AND PAYMENT › § 3-603. TENDER OF PAYMENT.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy’s:No confirmation & not accepting payments

I dont see them as refusing payment, I see them as declining to send an immediate confirmation notice, for whatever reason.

Mail them the payment in a form that provides written proof of your payment and their acceptance, such as a personal check or a money order that is sent CMRRR and/or provides a record of their deposit.

They apparently want to ensure clearing of any payment prior to formally acknowledging that it comprises discharge of the debt.

Regardless, you can establish your payment and their receipt without a separate confirmation letter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.