Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card - Old Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Store Card - Old Report

I've been trolling the forums for a while now. I am new to the credit game, and have been living without the knowledge of these powerful entities that govern our ability to get money and use money.

I am an educated high earner. There is no excuse for my ignorance.

Recently, I have been analyzing my credit report and have discovered that years ago (2010) I left a balance on my Macy's store card (<$100) for two months. Not remembering this, I looked back on my e-mail records and realized I was out of the country during those months.

After reading the forums, I called a "backdoor number" found on these forums and was immediately connected to a representative. The woman asked for my personal information and put me on hold for about 10 minutes. When she came back, she told me she had found my information and would be right back with me with a response to my request to have the remarks removed. I did not have an opportunity to explain my situation.

A few more minutes on hold led to a flat "no" with a rushed attempt to get rid of me and get off the phone. A comment was made that I hadn't used the card since that incident. Upon reflection, I remembered that a few months after returning from that trip, I went to Macy's to make some routine purchases, only to find out that the store card was denied due to insufficient limit. Confused, I fell out of the habit of using the card.

I've read on the forums that my biggest issue is probably that I haven't used the card since the incident.

Does anyone have any tips on how to proceed? I've read numerous times in different posts to not give up. Should I send a letter? Continue to call?

Any help would be appreciated.

P

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.