Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's goodwill / dispute - moved and didn't receive statements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's goodwill / dispute - moved and didn't receive statements

Wife has a 30, 60, and 90 day late from Macy's back in 2014.  We moved Dec. 13' zerobalance on card, somtime around Jan. 13' she makes a $75 purchase and uses Macy's card to get additional discount.. Didnt get statements, and phone number changed as well so they could'nt call us.  As soon as this was figured out we paid the account in full.  

We've disputed this with all 3, reason being we moved and didnt get statement. No luck there.. She called the credit department today and they would not budge, said they sent statements and couldnt help that they were'nt forwarded to new address.  

What should we do now, keep calling and hope that we get a different rep, or send goodwill letters?  If we send letters where do we send this too?  Any ideas on the best plan of action here?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's goodwill / dispute - moved and didn't receive statements

GW letters can't hurt. If the right person gets their hands on it and understands the situation, it may work. In my opinion, it's always worth a shot.when.it can hurt your credit for a period of time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you did not properly keep the creditor apprised of change of address, then you should follow the good-will route.

However, if you feel that the creditor is at fault in their billing, you should file a dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act, and not the FCRA.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice, when sending these letters, who should i send them too?  I've had a hard time finding executive office addresses for macy's.  Am I looking for macy's or macy's credit card?

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are you planning to send requests for good-will deletion or pursue as a dispute under the FCBA?

Stated differently, do you assert that they have acted improperly?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to send a gw but yes, If i didn't get the bill, I couldnt pay it, and as soon as we got the first bill, we paid it off.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would you recomend

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Having paid the bill, I would not now pursue as error on their part by filing a FCBA dispute.

Additionally, FCBA disputes have a 90 day window.

I would pursue the GW route.

However, still unanswered is whether you gave proper notice of change of address to the creditor.

That may be an issue if you request their good-will.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife said she either called in or changed it online herself.  They may have sent the mail, but it was not forwarded to our new address, for 3 months, I had this issue with a capital one card but they resolved the matter and it did not get anywhere near this, it was 31 days late, they removed the late from the cra's and re-imburssed me the late charge.  Another thinkg that's interesting is macy's claims they quite emailing the statements to her after the account went past due.  She wasn't even signed up for online delivery of the statements.  Not sure what thats all about.

Any idea as to where I send this letter?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.