cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's may re-report my late payment that was removed!

tag
Tea4Soul

Macy's may re-report my late payment that was removed!

I spoke to Macy's credit department two days ago asking them to remove a late payment on a $122 balance that I could have paid but I did not realize that my Macy's card had two separate accounts for Macy's purchases and one for outside purchases with different due dates! So I was 30 days late thinking that I was all paid up when I paid my last bill. It was confusing that one card could be for two different lines of credit. The rep said he put in a request to remove it and I would be getting mail in 10 days confirming his request. Well today my score jumped up 50+ points beyond where it was even before this late payment mess! And the same day today I received mail from Macy's saying they regret to inform me that they could not remove the late payment yada yada after researching my acct history (my acct has only been open a few months and I have not missed a payment besides this so it's not like I even had previous delinquencies). I'm really confused because my score is up 50+ points, the late payment was removed but then they send me this mail at the same time saying they could not do it? Should I call them to may sure they don't re-report the late payment? Will they even re-report it after it's already been removed? Or should I just keep quiet and hope I slide under the radar? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
phenom880
Established Member

Re: Macy's may re-report my late payment that was removed!

+1 for keep quiet

Started my rebuild in 2013 with 500ish scores
Message 2 of 8
Tea4Soul

Thank you, I am freaking out, I can't afford for my score to drop and don't know what to do. 

Message 3 of 8
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Under the radar!
Don't ask em, don't tell em. lol lucky break. It was probably a mistake, but if i were you I'd print the report as it is right now, ASAP. im not positive but you might leave some room for some sort of saving grace should they decide to correct their mistake.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Does the TL have a dispute comment?  Sometimes they will put an account in dispute due to a GW request.

Message 5 of 8
Tea4Soul

I never requested my account to be disputed and a dispute isn't reflected anywhere in my report. I paid off the balance as soon as I was notified and my report shows 0 balance "account paid as agreed" whereas it previously reported my balance and "account no more than two days pas due".

Message 6 of 8
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

you are lucky.. just  keep it on the low and Shhhhhhht  Smiley Happy

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Tea4Soul wrote:

I never requested my account to be disputed and a dispute isn't reflected anywhere in my report. I paid off the balance as soon as I was notified and my report shows 0 balance "account paid as agreed" whereas it previously reported my balance and "account no more than two days pas due".

I know you didn't ask for it to be disputed.  Some creditors will take a GW request and turn it into a dispute.

Thay is why I asked.  When that happens certain aspects of the TL are removed from scoring.

But they doesn't seem to be the case here.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.