Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys Lates

I have had a macys account for 9 years. I went through some rough times and lost my job and moved and couldnt make some payments 4 years ago. Macys reduced my limit several times and then i found myself with 0 limit and 2000 balance. I paid this off as fast as I could and havent used the card in over 2 years. My balance is now 0 and 100 limit. I recently called Macys CS and Credit Department. They said they didnt show late payments during that time period 4 years ago, but my report shows them. I disputed with CRA, and waiting on a response, while talking to them i found a late from 6/2011. I asked them to remove it, they said they couldnt as previous lates were removed. I have called several times and always get the same answer. The late was because the post office had made a courier change during that time, i filed reports with usps about missing packages from amazon, some never were receieved some were delivered months late. The same happened with my mail. Macy's said this wasnt a valid reason. I have search all over and havent found a number or contact to get this removed. Macys stated if I had the post office write a statement on their letterhead saying my mail was not delivered during that time, and fax to macys credit dept then they could remove it. This seems like a little too much work. I have a dispute for the other lates so i can't file another, but could I dispute it under DW CMS since she has no disputes, or will it not get removed without the letter from the post office?

TIA

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys Lates

bump

disputes completed (didn't remove old lates), called postmaster at local post office.

Message 2 of 6
retroAction
Contributor

If I am understanding correctly, you are saying that you were unable to pay during that time, therefore that the lates are valid, but you are hoping to use the mailing issue as a convenient reason to remove them. I would suggest that you just stick to the straight and narrow. Since you know that the lates are legitimate, just start the GW process and hope for the best. Pretty much all major companies utilize Customer Relationship Management systems, (CRM) and therefore any given employee is able to access your previous correspondence. You are potentially putting yourself in a sticky situation by coming from different angles. It’s okay to point out any mail delivery issues that you experienced during that time but just make sure you are coming from a perspective of asking for goodwill rather than demanding a correction. That’s just my opinion though.

Good luck!

Current Score: EQ Fico 651 (5/22/2012)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Credit Rebuild Project Log
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be incorrect, but I thought that if you did not get your mail and you notified the CRA of it then they would remove the late payment showing?

Message 4 of 6
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Few months back I read on here, that someone just called the number on the back of their card and asked for a late to be removed from credit bureau.  I had sent GW letters in the past with no luck.  I called the number the rep told me no problem, it was so fast and easy i did not believe it.  They sent me a letter later and i checked my credit report and its gone.  Good luck i would try calling again perhaps you will get someone different.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I initially attempted that. they the transferred me to the credit depth which was closed.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.