Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys chance of approval

tag
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Macys chance of approval

Just hit the 600s I want to add a store card and a gas card to my credit line any chances of getting approved? 

I have 2 charge off 1 paid, current payment on the rest of my credit report, 4 CC 3 installments conns famsa, and car loan all paid on time,  credit karma says I have 4% utilization

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
missionpossible
Valued Member

Re: Macys chance of approval

I would app in store.  I just got approved this past weekend, and my file is worse than yours.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 9
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

do you know wich credit agency they pulled?

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
missionpossible
Valued Member

I am in Illinois and they pulled Experian for me. 

Message 4 of 9
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

ok thanks, will go ahead and give it a go.. danm but what if i dont get approved.... Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
missionpossible
Valued Member

I'm rooting for you.  When I went,I was afraid of the same.  I waited till no one was near the register in case they denied me.  Would have been humiliating enough without a line of people behind me hearing that.  I have a recent foreclosure, Cap One won't even give me anything but secured,

@cyberone28 wrote:

ok thanks, will go ahead and give it a go.. danm but what if i dont get approved.... Smiley Sad

so if I can get it, I am sure you can.  Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Message 6 of 9
Seb1010
New Contributor

Bloomingdales is a good one to try for...my scores were at about 580-600 and Macys approved me for $300 and Bloomingdales gave me $800!

Message 7 of 9
mebell
Regular Contributor

I was right around that score when I got my Macys card. It surprised me when they approved my app. After only 6 months of on time payments they bumped up my CL from 300 to 900, and I did not even put in a request for CL increase. It's the best department store card that I've ever owned.

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Message 8 of 9
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I applied for Macys online this year around April and was approved for a hilarious CL of $100. They pulled Equifax for me and my score was barely 600 that time. After 6 months i asked them to increase my limit and they increased it to $5000 !! without any new hard pull. Macys is a good store card with discounts and benefits. I would recommend you try for this card. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.