Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a Mistake with collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Made a Mistake with collections

I wanted to check and see if I was reading correctly. I have 2-3 paid collections on my bureaus. Am I understanding properly that you can call or send a letter and see if the CA is feeling generous enough to delete or is this something that can only be arranged at the time I paid? I'm more than willing to dispute them with the bureaus if that'll do anything for me. Thanks!

Karen`
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Made a Mistake with collections

Its widely advised not to call the Collection Agencies, instead you should write them goodwill letters, asking them to delete, sometimes the more personal they are they are more willing to delete. If you do write any letters just keep a eye on your credit reports...for any fishy business!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the collections are paid, the CA has absolutely no right to re-age or re-report or do anything to them other than deleting them. You have nothing to lose by going for a GW.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty! I'll work on that.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i just paid a debt last week to a collection agency...they sent the receipt of payment by mail...i got the receipt by last friday...the payment showed up on my credit report by monday...i called them by tuesday and they agreed by phone to delete it by next monday.....so i guess it is easier to get them to delete AFTER you have paid them already...
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured there was no way they'd delete me since it's been at least a year since I paid. Thanks! I don't have anything to lose I guess.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i cant say nothing to lose...but you gotta figure...what do THEY have to lose...they got their money already..unless their goal is to make your life h3ll....now one collection account i paid..i called back to ask to delete and they told me they dont delete...but also told me how to get it deleted...ill tell you how in a message...if thats ok with you
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please! I'm not sure if pms are disabled for new people here or not. If it won't let you send post a message here and we'll figure something else out. (I hope my saying this is ok...I really don't wanna get in trouble)
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Another option if the GW fails is to DV them. Often a CA won't take the time or money to respond and they may opt for a delete instead. Don't dispute with the CRAs though.

Kareninaz wrote:
Please! I'm not sure if pms are disabled for new people here or not. If it won't let you send post a message here and we'll figure something else out. (I hope my saying this is ok...I really don't wanna get in trouble)

Your PM should be working.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BINGO!!...especially since they already received their payment...
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.