cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a sizable payment on CC only to have them lower limit keeping me near maxed out.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made a sizable payment on CC only to have them lower limit keeping me near maxed out.

@shols44 wrote:

Someone posted a similar thread with Discover balance chasing yesterday. He called backdoor, had a convo and had full limit restored instantly. Now, I dont know how receptive chase will be, but what do you have to loose?

I'd try a credit analyst/upper level customer relations chat. 

How do I get to talk to upper level customer relations?  

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Made a sizable payment on CC only to have them lower limit keeping me near maxed out.

FYI for anyone reading this in the future this is what I did....

I called number on the back of the card, asked for a manager.  The customer service manager heard my story, but said he needed to transfer me to "lending" -- after the transfer I spoke with someone, explained that my spike in utilization was because of a wedding and honeymoon (I got married in April) and emphasized that I have never made a late payment, and that I was attempting to pay down my balances by making the near $1000 extra payment.   She put me on hold for a few minues, and came back and reinstated the original limit.

Yay!  Thanks for the advice!

Message 12 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Guys, my boss' scores are in the 800's.  He had a little used chase account that I pay through the company.  One day it was $25k, the next day it was dropped to 5k.  You just don't know.....call them up and work them.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.