glyphxx

Re: Made a sizable payment on CC only to have them lower limit keeping me near maxed out.

shols44 wrote:

Someone posted a similar thread with Discover balance chasing yesterday. He called backdoor, had a convo and had full limit restored instantly. Now, I dont know how receptive chase will be, but what do you have to loose?

I'd try a credit analyst/upper level customer relations chat. 

How do I get to talk to upper level customer relations?  

glyphxx

Re: Made a sizable payment on CC only to have them lower limit keeping me near maxed out.

FYI for anyone reading this in the future this is what I did....

I called number on the back of the card, asked for a manager.  The customer service manager heard my story, but said he needed to transfer me to "lending" -- after the transfer I spoke with someone, explained that my spike in utilization was because of a wedding and honeymoon (I got married in April) and emphasized that I have never made a late payment, and that I was attempting to pay down my balances by making the near $1000 extra payment.   She put me on hold for a few minues, and came back and reinstated the original limit.

Yay!  Thanks for the advice!

Senior Contributor
fishbjc

Guys, my boss' scores are in the 800's.  He had a little used chase account that I pay through the company.  One day it was $25k, the next day it was dropped to 5k.  You just don't know.....call them up and work them.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+