Did you mean: 

Madmann26's rebuild thread

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Madmann26's rebuild thread

@Crossdivided wrote:

AWESOME, brother! ^5

If you dont mind me asking, what EQ FICO range were you when you apped the NFCU unsecured (3k CL)? they keep shooting me down, prob mostly because im on a payment plan with them for the next 8 months to pay off a c/o checking acct (but it keeps it in-house).

i also moved my direct deposits from them and use my old bank...do you actually bank with them, and if so do you think that factors into their app decision?

thanks!

NFCU pulled a 598 when they approved me for their unsecured cash rewards. If you are on a payment plan with them, then this is probably the reason.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 71 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

EQ is up to 629 and TU is up to 645. It's slow moving but I am making progress.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 72 of 167
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Madman...reading your journey was like having a "Deja' Vu" moment for me.  I was going through the same thing back in 06 & 07. That was when I really sat up & paid attention to the mess I'd gotten myself in.  Between C/O's with Cap 1 & collections from HSBC fw to Midland...I was in the low 500's back then.

I began trying to fix things long before I found this forum, but interestingly enough...I would come to MyFico all the time to buy the score products!  DUH...never even noticed the forums!

Congrats to you for really hitting the mark & being persistent without being pushy.  Pushy gets you no where!

Sit back & let those accounts age.  Let those inq's drop off or at least let them age to a year before apping for anything.  And lastly, alwayd try for a CLI before trying for a new card.  Preferably with a soft inq!!!!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 73 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Madman...reading your journey was like having a "Deja' Vu" moment for me.  I was going through the same thing back in 06 & 07. That was when I really sat up & paid attention to the mess I'd gotten myself in.  Between C/O's with Cap 1 & collections from HSBC fw to Midland...I was in the low 500's back then.

I began trying to fix things long before I found this forum, but interestingly enough...I would come to MyFico all the time to buy the score products!  DUH...never even noticed the forums!

Congrats to you for really hitting the mark & being persistent without being pushy.  Pushy gets you no where!

Sit back & let those accounts age.  Let those inq's drop off or at least let them age to a year before apping for anything.  And lastly, alwayd try for a CLI before trying for a new card.  Preferably with a soft inq!!!!  Smiley Wink

Bungalow,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 74 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

For those reading my journey,

That is 111 points gained on EQ and 93 points gained on TU since I started this in August 2012.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 75 of 167
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Reading this post encouarge me to keep going thank you Madmann and congrats

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 76 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I got approved for the WalMart store card with a $500 limit yesterday. Time to chill out and let the good times roll.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 77 of 167
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Very inspiring!! I am working on my last collection and just got on a payment plan to pay off my last CO! Loved reading your journey!!

Message 78 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Up to 636 EQ.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 79 of 167
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Congratulations man. Following your successes here!

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 80 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.