Frequent Contributor

Re: Madmann26's rebuild thread

Congrats you are an inspiration!

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 81 of 167
tdrjustus3
Regular Contributor

Keep up the good work madman! It helps to read the journey of someone who has not already arrived but on the same path as you

No apps until 8/2014
March 2013 Starting FICO Score: EQ: 584 TU: 564 EX: ??
August 2013 Current FICO Scores: EQ:664 EX:684 Walmart TU: 666
Message 82 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

EQ is up 10pts this month to 646!

This is with 2 cards reporting very small balances of $25/$30 respectively.

Edit:

That is 135 points gained since August 2012 when I started my rebuild.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 83 of 167
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 84 of 167
blunderer
Established Contributor

Madmann26 - Very impressive and encouraging.  Thanks for sharing.

I too have been rebuilding for the past year and after having all but one baddie removed and several accounts reporting paid on time with no lates, I still have not gotten my score past the low 600's.  The whole process is actually very discouraging.  I see why people decided to pay a company such as Lexington Law to do the hard work for them.  From what I've read on this board, you can get quicker and better results.

So glad to hear all your hard work has paid off for you.

Message 85 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@blunderer wrote:

Madmann26 - Very impressive and encouraging.  Thanks for sharing.

I too have been rebuilding for the past year and after having all but one baddie removed and several accounts reporting paid on time with no lates, I still have not gotten my score past the low 600's.  The whole process is actually very discouraging.  I see why people decided to pay a company such as Lexington Law to do the hard work for them.  From what I've read on this board, you can get quicker and better results.

So glad to hear all your hard work has paid off for you.

It's takes patience and time.

It took me less than 6 months to trash my credit and will take 7 years to fix it. There was only one CA that I got lucky with a DV and the rest (to the sum of 7 or 8 when I started), I paid them. A couple I had to PIF, such as an $1800 rental charge, but that was for a delete also.

The rest I GW'd. I got crafty by looking up the email addresses of higher ups and sending my GW letters that way. The Hunter Warfield CA I got lucky with and still have those email addresses for anyone that needs them. I've read that they do not delete. But I've got the proof otherwise.

Don't get discouraged. Fixing your credit the right way takes time and patience. While you could use LL to do it for you, it will not work 100%. You may get your credit cleaned up but the only thing that helps your score is time since 65% of your score is based on revolving credit and payment history.

I took a decent hit when I got new credit and my AAoA dropped below 5 years. I was up over 600, about 615 or so. When my AAoA took a hit, it dropped me to 574 or something. That hurt and it pissed me off.

In another month, I'll regain the time needed for my AAoA to get to 5 years. I should see another bump. At one year (which is December) when I will have one account with a year of on-time payment history, I should see another bump. At 2 years is where you should see the largest bump.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 86 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Mid month bump.

EQ is now 658. That's another 12 points for a total of 22 this month. 

/ArsenoHall fistpump!!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 87 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

TU - 649 now.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 88 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Another GW success.

Stallings Financial (medical bill) came off of TU today. It was there yesterday. I've been faxing GW's everyday for a week. (like that Shogun? Smiley Very Happy )

That leaves just one CA on TU and two on EXP.

Portfolio Recovery Assoc - on both TU and EXP

Stallings Financial - On EXP

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 89 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Interesting day.

Pulked my Experian from myFico and I'm sitting at 657 with 17% util reporting. I also noticed that Portfolio Recovery mysteriously disappeared from my Experian report. I'll take it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 90 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.