Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madmann26's rebuild thread

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Madmann26's rebuild thread

Just got approved for my 2nd NFCU CC.

I'll take a hit for this but it's worth IMO.

I'm freezing my credit reports tomorrow.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 101 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I ended up only freezing my EQ report since it has taken the brunt of the inquiries.

Last night, on a whim, I applied for the Amazon store card and was approved for $1200. It's a GEMB card, so I hoping it will grow nicely.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 102 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

So my EQ score is coming up, slowly. I was stuck at 641 for months. Now it is at 663.

I challenged First Premier's reporting of an old account. They showed that I made a payment, when in fact I did not. I downloaded several bank statements, redacted certain personal information and sent them a DD with the accompying documentation.

There were a few emails that went back and forth and they ultimately said that I inputed in the incorrect bank information for the payment, so I called BS on them, filed a complaint with the CFPB, who then referred it to someone else, I forget who exactly.

While looking over my daily pull from myprivacymatters.com (powered by TrueCredit, aka, TU), I noticed that I had fewer accounts with a derogatory history and started comparing that to an older report.

In short, the First Premier account is gone from all 3 reports. I call that a win and I'll take it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 103 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

SW alert for my EQ - up to 672 now.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 104 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Update:

I noticed that during my daily True Credit pull, the final CA dropped off my EXP report. I refreshed the score and it's up to 685 now. I also paid my balance on my NFCU card which was $4k ($18k limit) which should push me over 700 when it updates. /crossesfingers

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 105 of 167
cjulie

I just wanted to say I'm on a journey to rebuild my credit & you're truly an inspiration. I will be pulling my report shortly, can you suggest any key points/1st steps for someone just starting out?

Current scores 11/9/13

EQ: 591-FICO REPORT
EXP: 574-FAKO
TU: 590-FAKO

Goal: 725
Message 106 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Update:

Paying off that $4k balance on my NFCU Siggy card hasn't netted the increase that I hoped it would. I haven't gained a single point from dropping my utilization from 20% to around 1-3%.

This is frustrating to say the least but I am hanging on and hoping for the best when the 1st of the month rolls around.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 107 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Update:

Got some early morning NFCU love. So far no hard pull for this.

On my 2nd NFCU CC, I started with a $1k CL. I haven't used the card at all since I have gotten it and flirted with the luv button last night and got the 3-5 day message after asking for $8k (total CL).

I just logged into my account and see that they bumped me to $5k. I'll take it. Smiley Very Happy

/chuckle

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 108 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Got a SW alert for a score change.

EQ is up to 677.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 109 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Update

Almost made it to 700! Almost. Smiley Very Happy

2014-01-06 10_50_29.png

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 110 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.