Did you mean: 

Madmann26's rebuild thread

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Madmann26's rebuild thread

Update on my scores.

TU is up to 711 and EXP is up to 699.

TU is up 6 points from last month and EXP is up, get this, 1 point from 698.

It's slow but getting to 720+ will take a bit longer as my existing accounts age some.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 141 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to this forum and I read your whole thread in one sitting! HAha!  Congrats!    I am getting ready to dive in as well.  Curious if you PIL all of your COs and CAs?  I was planning to settle all of mine, but worried about the long term effects.......Just curious.  TIA 

Message 142 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Just an update,

EXP and TU are at 700+. 

Yesterday I was able to request my first 180-day cli with AMEX and it was granted. My BCE went to $18k from $6k.

I currently have $111,100 of available revolving credit.

Knowledge is power.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 143 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Here is my 2 year update.

August 2012, I started the rebuilding process, after my wife gave birth to our 2nd child (we have 3 total, one is from a previous relationship of mine).

I had zero credit. The credit I did have was bad. I had charge-off's, collections and a foreclosure haunting me. The 1st month, I was overwhelmed with everything and how bad things looked.

I fought, tooth and nail with past creditors, collections agencies in getting things in order. 6 months into the process, I finally was able to stand tall and look at things in a different manner as things started taking a turn for the better.

Fast forward 2 years.

I have 12 open accounts, my AAoA is 3 years 9months and $155k in available credit. I report about 4-6% every month utilization every month.

For those of you that feel discouraged, read this 15 page rebuild thread. You'll find your own inspiration.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 144 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the top threads I LOVE here. You have given me hope and hard work pays off.!!

Message 145 of 167
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

This is so inspirational to me! I started rebuilding 6/2014, and three months later I have managed to go from a 467 FICO score to 531, a 64 point increase in three months! Of course this is still low, but I'm still waiting for 4 accounts that I disputed to be deleted, so I expect to be close to 600 soon. Your post is inspiring and motivating! Thank you for sharing! :-)

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 146 of 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I just read this whole thread. Congratulations to you for taking charge of your finances and credit. Thank you for taking the time to share your success. Geez, you may just have yourself a new career. Lol id hire you. Congrats!
Message 147 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow I just read this whole thread. Congratulations to you for taking charge of your finances and credit. Thank you for taking the time to share your success. Geez, you may just have yourself a new career. Lol id hire you. Congrats!

To be fair, 

I credit my success to this site, the posts within this site and the awesome moderators of this site.

People need to be realistic when they start rebuilding. It's going to take a while (YMMV depending on your circumstances).

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 148 of 167
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Update:

TU is up to 712.

Exp is up to 723.

I got an auto-cli on my Amex BCE from 18k to 21k. The card turned 1yr old this month.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 149 of 167
chela62678
Regular Contributor

So you paid all your CO then gw'd them?

my DH 5 has medical collections, 3 in dispute that I have to call CRA to remove. Less than $2000

Scared to see his score drop. after that is removed.

He has 1% utilization now and looks like it is hurting him instead of helping !! This is never ending Smiley Sad

Updated 11/12/14
EQ 717 TU 718 EX 732

updated FICO 10/28/14
EQ 710 TU709 EX683

myfico scores 10/25/14
EQ 677 TU 695 EX 683

Message 150 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.