Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mail offers

So are you all saying that if you're "opted in" and you receive pre approvals, when they pull your credit it's a soft pull, and not a hard pull? Is this true for both store cards and bank cards, and mail and email offers?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks gdale6!

I went to Discover and tried it. I received the It offer with "0% Intro Purchase APR* for 6 months and then 12.99%21.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness"

Is that what you mean by a general statement of APR? I'm 7 months post BK-7 discharge. I wouldn't attempt it, anyway. But, it's good to have the info.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks gdale6!

I went to Discover and tried it. I received the It offer with "0% Intro Purchase APR* for 6 months and then 12.99%21.99% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness"

Is that what you mean by a general statement of APR? I'm 7 months post BK-7 discharge. I wouldn't attempt it, anyway. But, it's good to have the info.

Huh, interesting. I just tried Discover's pre-qual site and got this generic offer for the It card. Weird that it shows two different intro APR lengths and purchase APR ranges!

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) For Purchases0% intro APR for 12 months from date of account opening.

After the intro APR expires, your APR will be 10.99% to22.99%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

I have no intention of applying now (gardening till the fall with the exception of a car loan at some point this summer), just thought I'd take a gander at what Discover was offering.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.