Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail or Email pfd and other questions

tag
zoe505
Valued Member

Mail or Email pfd and other questions

Hi,

I have been lurking for a while and I have learned a lot. I am trying to get my credit high enough to buy a house this year. I am under the gun because the house I am currently renting will be going up for sale soon and I will be without a place to live.  So I have been keeping an eye on my credit reports for the last several months.

I have a capital one credit card with a $300 limit that I have been using each month and paying off. I am careful not to spend over 30% of the balance each time. I recently got a secured card from U.S. Bank with a $300 limit that I am using and paying off as well.

I have just a few items on my credit report that I need to get deleted:

AFNI--$79

North American---$159 medical

Jefferson Capital--$330

My question is, should I email these places to try to get a pfd or does mailing a letter work better? I have the money in hand to PIF as soon as they agree.

I also have a judgement on my credit report from 2011...I made a payment arrangement with the creditor before it went to court, and the judgement is paid in full. However, it does not state "paid in full" on my credit report..it is just showing a judgement for the amount owed...Can I get this judgement removed since it never went to court?

If not would it be better if it showed paid in full on the credit report and who do I contact to try to make this happen? Can the original creditor do this since it was filed in court?

I also have an old credit card that was closed due to non-payment. It was a salute card...I owe $560 according to the credit report...Has anyone had success getting a pfd from salute?

Would getting a pfd for these items raise my score into the  600's?

Sorry for so many questions but I am really worried about not having a place to move to in the next 8 months.

My credit score right now is Experian 586

Equifax  577

Transunion 575

My FICO  584

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Re: Mail or Email pfd and other questions

I have had great experience calling in PFD.  I know most people here will tell you to request PFD in writing but all of my PFD have been over phone and all have been honored.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 2 of 8
Jaxavier
New Contributor

Either is fine really, what's more important is that it gets to the right person.

A case was filed, but what happened?  Are you sure it never went to court?  A creditor cannot get a judgement otherwise.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

If you have a lease in place the bank or current owner can't make you move until that lease is up.

@zoe505 wrote:

Hi,

I have been lurking for a while and I have learned a lot. I am trying to get my credit high enough to buy a house this year. I am under the gun because the house I am currently renting will be going up for sale soon and I will be without a place to live.  So I have been keeping an eye on my credit reports for the last several months.

I have a capital one credit card with a $300 limit that I have been using each month and paying off. I am careful not to spend over 30% of the balance each time. I recently got a secured card from U.S. Bank with a $300 limit that I am using and paying off as well.

I have just a few items on my credit report that I need to get deleted:

AFNI--$79

North American---$159 medical

Jefferson Capital--$330

My question is, should I email these places to try to get a pfd or does mailing a letter work better? I have the money in hand to PIF as soon as they agree.

I also have a judgement on my credit report from 2011...I made a payment arrangement with the creditor before it went to court, and the judgement is paid in full. However, it does not state "paid in full" on my credit report..it is just showing a judgement for the amount owed...Can I get this judgement removed since it never went to court? Judgements are issued by a judge. Only a judge can vacate the judgement. You would need to call the court and talk to the county clerk and ask if they vacate satisfied judgements.

If not would it be better if it showed paid in full on the credit report and who do I contact to try to make this happen? Can the original creditor do this since it was filed in court?

I also have an old credit card that was closed due to non-payment. It was a salute card...I owe $560 according to the credit report...Has anyone had success getting a pfd from salute? How old is the account? When was the DoFD?

Would getting a pfd for these items raise my score into the  600's? It really depends what else is on your credit reports. Are you applying for an FHA or conventional?

Sorry for so many questions but I am really worried about not having a place to move to in the next 8 months.

My credit score right now is Experian 586

Equifax  577

Transunion 575

My FICO  584

Message 4 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

While, I can't speak for the 'right' way to do it, I either called or emailed for all 11 of my PFDs. I got everythiing in writing beforehand when I could, but once or twice they simply would NOT submit in writing; only a verbal agreement. Which I did. Honestly, I did email a lot because there is a much quicker response time than snail mail. And honestly, calling is even quicker than that. I'm all for trying email, and being polite and explaining everything.

Message 5 of 8
zoe505
Valued Member

We have been in our home for almost 10 years and a couple of years ago my landlord voluntarily surrendered the home to the bank so now we are renting from the bank. However, the bank has said since they are not in the business of renting homes they will be putting it up for sale this year. We did not sign a lease agreement with the bank..I think they have a copy of an old lease agreement from my landlord that is probably outdated...I don't think this bank knows much about rental properties as they actually drilled the lock off my front door and entered my house last year while I was asleep...which is highly illegal. They stated they did not think I still lived here even though they receive a rent check from me each month and I am never late. 

As far as the salute card I think it dates from 2009...however after I looked at it closer it is not reporting as derogatory on my credit report ....it is listed as current closed  payment status says paid...comments says credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber....so I am not sure what that means. I don't recall paying them.

As far as applying for a home loan...I am thinking about trying for a USDA loan since I live in a qualified area and my income falls under the qualifications for a guaranteed loan...I don't know if they are more difficult to get than an FHA loan. I would love a conventional loan but don't know if I will have enough money for a down payment or if I can get my credit score high enough.

I am thinking I would need a credit score of at least 640 to try to get a loan. Does this seem correct?

Thanks to all who replied. I love this forum! You guys are a great help.

Message 6 of 8
zoe505
Valued Member

All I know is the case was filed and is showing as a judgement on my report....After I received notice the case was filed I contacted the loan company and worked out payment arrangements with them and satisfied the debt over several months. To my knowlege the case never went to court because my payment arrangements stopped legal proceedings.  In fact I have a copy of a satisfaction of judgement form that was filed in the court by the attorney for the plaintiff that states "Now comes the plaintiff, by its attorney, and certifies that the within judgement has been paid in full and satisfied."   This was filed a year after the judgement was filed.

Is this something that I could get removed from my credit report since it is filed as paid....or at the very least would it help if I could get the court to attach a paid in full comment to the judgement on my credit report? Is this something they would do?

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 8
saywhat0

I would not PFD, especially by phone. Submit all request in writing. I had five accounts deleted through DV letters alone, and one collections agency even refunded a payment that I had already  made.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.