cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Progress So Far... What's Next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major Progress So Far... What's Next?

I didn't have any revolving credit at allllllll when my scores were that low. Just a car loan and a bunch of collections. I got three cards and added as an A.U and that helped me a lot I got I few things deleted as well.  But I still have 9 collections on my CR

(I assumed you were referring to me sorry if you werent)

Message 11 of 22
WebGuru
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you get your scores up for the 400's to 600's in such a short time?? 

The biggest thing for me was fingerhut. A few things fell off my report and I was at about 520 or so, then did the fingerhut credit step program and got up to 570 or so. It then turned into a revolving account and I was able to get QS1 with capital one.

10/15 TU-637 EQ-632 EX-634
QS1-$800 QS1-$500 Cap1 Platinum- $1500 Fingerhut-$550 Amazon Store Card-$800 Kohls-$300 Express-$500 Overstock-$500 BuyPowerCard-$300
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope to be where both of you guys are soon! lol

@WebGuru wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The biggest thing for me was fingerhut. A few things fell off my report and I was at about 520 or so, then did the fingerhut credit step program and got up to 570 or so. It then turned into a revolving account and I was able to get QS1 with capital one.

@WebGuru wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WebGuru wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive seen posts here at myFico on dealing with Judgements.  It pertains to which state you resided in when the judgement occured, and how long you've been living in your current state - that matters for some, like California.  It's lengthy when you get into it, so get some coffee ready.

There's a poster here named Robert, whom IMO is fantastic at posting written laws.  His posts inspired me to delve deeper and am now reading the FTC's Fair Debt Collection Practices and consumer websites in detail for my next letter.  My new hobby is learning consumer laws.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-...

Excuse my exhaustion if that doesn't provide a link, no sleep last night. 

All I've learnt is, with the amount of nuisance phone calls they, the CA give you, there is no law stating we can't do the same by mail - as I prefer not to do voice recordings and call. Also, while the CA quote how the Bureau's mandate that all information provided must be correct in posting - no arguement there - there is NO stipulation in regards to deletion of a tradeline.  Amending a tradeline from negative to positive?  Hells bells, I've seen the bureaus do that to one of my student loans after 7 years, which is now reporting as a positive tradeline for the 10 yr run.

They WILL delete or 7 years will pass.  I'm a stubborn one, so they better be ready.  Good luck and Credit Unions btw are invaluable resources! Never forget that. (gives internet high five)

Note:  shopping cart trick.  you'll see that in your travels when rebuilding.  use with caution.  small limit store cards that don't hardpull credit whom have 25+% APR's and will lower your AAoA yet decrease utilization IF they post - i've seen some that do - immediately, some that don't - take a month or 2 then won't update unless you use them.

Go Team Rebuilders.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Discover IT card with $500 limit at the same time as my Cap One QS card (also $500) - you might get it.......  My FICO 8 according to Discover and Cap One statements is 607

Message 15 of 22
WebGuru
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a Discover IT card with $500 limit at the same time as my Cap One QS card (also $500) - you might get it.......  My FICO 8 according to Discover and Cap One statements is 607

That's awesome! Maybe I should give that a try.

QS1-$800 QS1-$500 Cap1 Platinum- $1500 Fingerhut-$550 Amazon Store Card-$800 Kohls-$300 Express-$500 Overstock-$500 BuyPowerCard-$300
Message 16 of 22
WebGuru
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive seen posts here at myFico on dealing with Judgements.  It pertains to which state you resided in when the judgement occured, and how long you've been living in your current state - that matters for some, like California.  It's lengthy when you get into it, so get some coffee ready.

There's a poster here named Robert, whom IMO is fantastic at posting written laws.  His posts inspired me to delve deeper and am now reading the FTC's Fair Debt Collection Practices and consumer websites in detail for my next letter.  My new hobby is learning consumer laws.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text

Excuse my exhaustion if that doesn't provide a link, no sleep last night. 

All I've learnt is, with the amount of nuisance phone calls they, the CA give you, there is no law stating we can't do the same by mail - as I prefer not to do voice recordings and call. Also, while the CA quote how the Bureau's mandate that all information provided must be correct in posting - no arguement there - there is NO stipulation in regards to deletion of a tradeline.  Amending a tradeline from negative to positive?  Hells bells, I've seen the bureaus do that to one of my student loans after 7 years, which is now reporting as a positive tradeline for the 10 yr run.

They WILL delete or 7 years will pass.  I'm a stubborn one, so they better be ready.  Good luck and Credit Unions btw are invaluable resources! Never forget that. (gives internet high five)

Note:  shopping cart trick.  you'll see that in your travels when rebuilding.  use with caution.  small limit store cards that don't hardpull credit whom have 25+% APR's and will lower your AAoA yet decrease utilization IF they post - i've seen some that do - immediately, some that don't - take a month or 2 then won't update unless you use them.

Go Team Rebuilders.

Thank you for the post!

I have some learning and research to do this weekend.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonya - go to the cap one site and app for their secured card. If you have no other cards you will get a score boost from that. Once the account is showing on your reports go app for the QS1 card.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you seeing a FICO 8 score on your cap one statement?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where are you seeing a FICO 8 score on your cap one statement?

It was on the website for Capital One - not the statement - under Track my Credit Score (Capital One Credit Tracker) - it's a free thing where you can track your score.  

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.