Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Upset!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Upset!

Here's my dilemma! A while back before I had a chance to read up on GW letters I disputed a debt on my credit report. The reason I disputed is because I did a consolidation in 2013 and I paid them but they had never updated. I hadn't had a chance to call them or go to the agency in person to dispute/request update or removal and today I get an update from Transunion. Of course they didn't delete the account but changed the comments to Paid in Full/Was a charge off which probably won't affect my CR in a good way at all.

I was really disappointed when I got this update because it will stay on the report until 2018. I would like opinions on whether I should still contact them about removing it/deleting the negative inquiries or if I should just let it go since I disputed it in the first place? Please, any advice would help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Major Upset!

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's my dilemma! A while back before I had a chance to read up on GW letters I disputed a debt on my credit report. The reason I disputed is because I did a consolidation in 2013 and I paid them but they had never updated. I hadn't had a chance to call them or go to the agency in person to dispute/request update or removal and today I get an update from Transunion. Of course they didn't delete the account but changed the comments to Paid in Full/Was a charge off which probably won't affect my CR in a good way at all.

I was really disappointed when I got this update because it will stay on the report until 2018. I would like opinions on whether I should still contact them about removing it/deleting the negative inquiries or if I should just let it go since I disputed it in the first place? Please, any advice would help!

Well when it updated it dropped your Fico since it was a CO an unfortunate side effect of disputing. You need to start a GW campaign asking for removal of the TL.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I can write a GW for removal but I'm just wondering what the chances are that they will remove it since the comments were just disputed and they had to change the status to Paid. This is a local company in a small town which can be a bit more of a pain than sending letters to big agencies.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I can write a GW for removal but I'm just wondering what the chances are that they will remove it since the comments were just disputed and they had to change the status to Paid. This is a local company in a small town which can be a bit more of a pain than sending letters to big agencies.

There is always a chance. You might consider making your appeal in person if the CA is in your town.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is always a chance. You might consider making your appeal in person if the CA is in your town.

Definately go in person.  With it beng a local branch in a small town you can better explain your situation in person and have a better shot of the CA being more sympathetic.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'll try this weekend.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.