Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major setback on rebuilding credit

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Major setback on rebuilding credit

I lost my job yesterday and the bad thing is I just sent out 3 PFD letters 4 days ago that I definitely wont be able to pay now. I did have 2 interviews today so I am just praying that I get a job before any of those letters come back agreeing to a deletion. Its very upsetting, I was finally seeing major increases in my scores, it was the best feeling to get those text alerts stating there has been a change in my scores.  Now I just hope all my work isn't in vain, I would really hate to see my scores drop again. I hate to be the downer in this group I just needed to get this out. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Major setback on rebuilding credit

I'm so sorry that you've lost your job! I know this is scary, but, don't despair. Sometimes fate has a way a nudging you in the right direction. This change is going to be a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Vent away, but keep the faith-- even if you stumble for a moment or two, we'll keep it for you. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
esme
Regular Contributor

Hang in there, there is still some lag time between when the OCs will respond and when you will need to pay for the deletes. Hopefully that will be enough time for you to land a job and receive your first paycheck.  You have interviews lined up, that's GREAT! Stay motivated, don't give up.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 3 of 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to both of you! I am literally in tears and reading your encouraging words really does help so much. I am very scared, but I have hope and I will make at least one person give me an interview each day until I have a job again.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are not going to make a big stink about enforcing an offer to delete from your CR, as their doing so is also a violation on their part of their reporting agreement with the CRAs, whiich stipulates that deletion should NOT be made based on payment of the debt.  They are not going to try to enforce a PFD and expose their lack of compliance with their credit reporting agreement.

Just be SURE not to agree to terms you cannot meet, and then begin payments.  Then it has become a contract, and if you then dont meet the terms, you would be in breach.

Message 5 of 9
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

Just hang in there, something good will come from this  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww : (  I just prayed that you get a better paying job that you love and that will make it even easier to pay your debts!  

Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'll get through this. The odds of any of 3 accepting the PFD offer are slim to non anyway. It might take multiple tries and you can always pick up where you left off when you get on sound footing again. Hunker down. Go in survival mode. Your CR won't go anywhere.

Message 8 of 9
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone, your words mean so much you just dont know how much, hugs for all of you!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.