Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making progress and a few questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making progress and a few questions

I got a few accounts deleted from EQ, but I need to make sure I dispute them with the other CRAs. Also, this may seem like a crazy question, but do I need to use to cards for them to start reporting. I ask this because my WalMart reports even though I don't use it.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making progress and a few questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a few accounts deleted from EQ, but I need to make sure I dispute them with the other CRAs. Also, this may seem like a crazy question, but do I need to use to cards for them to start reporting. I ask this because my WalMart reports even though I don't use it.

Keeping in mind that I'm still new to this, I will answer until a guru comes along. From my experience, no, you do not have to use the card for it to report. My Amazon account reported the day after I was approved as did my soon to be retired First Premier credit card. You may want to check with the company, however, because some accounts automatically close after a certain time frame of no use. My recently acquired Goodyear card has to see use at least every 12 months. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have cards that only report after being used. Community and synchrony banks sometimes stop reporting if you haven't used the cards or card in a while. My suggestion is to charge a small amount to get them reporting. It will also help you to get an increase in the future. Walmart is pretty easy to raise the limit on when you're charging and paying off each month. If you can't afford to charge then just wait until you can. That's my suggestion,
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Keeping in mind that I'm still new to this, I will answer until a guru comes along. From my experience, no, you do not have to use the card for it to report. My Amazon account reported the day after I was approved as did my soon to be retired First Premier credit card. You may want to check with the company, however, because some accounts automatically close after a certain time frame of no use. My recently acquired Goodyear card has to see use at least every 12 months. 

I'm still new also. These cards are all still new. I haven't used most of them. But the WalMart card reported before I even received the card.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Comenity Banks have not reported anything at all as of yet. So I just recently used my Lane Bryant card to get things rolling.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Chase card and I have yet to activate it. Once activated it should report but I don't have to use it.

Another thing. Have you gave EQ time to share your dispute resolution with the other CRAs?
I'm asking because I disputed with TU and they removed a collection then later without doing anything myself EQ and EX removed the same collection.
They are supposed to share information like this.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got a Chase card and I have yet to activate it. Once activated it should report but I don't have to use it.

Another thing. Have you gave EQ time to share your dispute resolution with the other CRAs?
I'm asking because I disputed with TU and they removed a collection then later without doing anything myself EQ and EX removed the same collection.
They are supposed to share information like this.

Honestly I didn't give EQ time to share the information with the other CRAs. I thought that I needed to dispute it with each one seperately.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us updated. I asked for early exclusion with TU but not the other two yet. Good progress so far! Keep up the good work! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.