Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making progress,,,,trying to tackle medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making progress,,,,trying to tackle medical collections

I started rebuild a few months ago, have had succsess with pfd on two baddies , only bad things left on report are 3 medical collections all with same CA totaling $300 before i found this site i sent DV letters to  CA for all 3 accounts came back validated so now report is more current which probably hurt me . I called CA and asked if i paid in full but would not delete but mark on my CR as zero balance and paid in full.the origanal dates are all around may of 2011 do I pay and than send GW letter or keep trying PFD route? my major credit problem was no revolving accounts i just had my mortgage which has been on time for last 2yrs .My scores are getting close to where i need(im at 620s) for mortgage on new home and once ive had new creditcards a little longer i should see a bump. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Making progress,,,,trying to tackle medical collections

@Anonymous wrote:

I started rebuild a few months ago, have had succsess with pfd on two baddies , only bad things left on report are 3 medical collections all with same CA totaling $300 before i found this site i sent DV letters to  CA for all 3 accounts came back validated so now report is more current which probably hurt me . I called CA and asked if i paid in full but would not delete but mark on my CR as zero balance and paid in full.the origanal dates are all around may of 2011 do I pay and than send GW letter or keep trying PFD route? my major credit problem was no revolving accounts i just had my mortgage which has been on time for last 2yrs .My scores are getting close to where i need(im at 620s) for mortgage on new home and once ive had new creditcards a little longer i should see a bump. Thanks in advance

Here is the order to approach medical collections

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, I forgot I did try to have the OC call the collections back but wont, I have no idea how these even made it to collection i have full health insurance. but whats done is done...i just dont want to pay the collections and hurt my score. how long does the hippa process take I read up on that some and dont really wanna go that route

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for reply, I forgot I did try to have the OC call the collections back but wont, I have no idea how these even made it to collection i have full health insurance. but whats done is done...i just dont want to pay the collections and hurt my score. how long does the hippa process take I read up on that some and dont really wanna go that route

We cannot discuss the HIPAA Process on this board we can only recommend you Google it and contact its creator for help.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How old are the bills in collection for which you have insurance? What kind of insurance do you have? Timely filing for most HMO plans is 2 years. That means the insurance will still process a claim for up to 2 years after the date-of-service. It also means the OC cannot sell it until after that point. However...many insurance companies will still file even after the "timely filing" period has expired if you call them and explain extenuating circumstances to them. (For example, this one fell through the cracks somehow, etc) It happens and they KNOW it happens. That's why they're used to making the expceptions.

Just know that if they do agree to make the exception that THEY (the insurance company) must call the OC and say that they'll file the claim. At that point, the OC will then recall the debt from the CA which should pull it off your credit as well. Don't be afraid to ask the person you're talking to if they'll make the call to your doctor right then. Some will even do with with you on the line.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.