Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making progress!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making progress!

Now that I finally got my tax lien off Equifax and Transunion, as well as a collection that disappeared for no discernible reason, (and yes I know it can and probably will come back but I don't want to think about that right now, lol), I'm finally starting to make some progress.  I can't wait for tomorrow for creditkarma to update so I can see how much of a bump I get.  I know those are fakos, but my fico score from my discover statement doesn't update for over three weeks.  Plus just for fun I checked Experian, (I pay for that service), and since buying the service at the beginning of April my score has gone up 100 points!  (From 582-682)  And I'm hoping to see a bigger score bump later in the month when my credit cards report because my utilization is way down, (last month it was near 30%, this month I'm going to get it down to less than 10).  Very exciting!  Thank you all for your wonderful help, I couldn't have done it without this forum!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Making progress!

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
mamatried
Contributor

What do you attribute to that 100 pt Experian jump? Mine rarely moves.. 

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first signed up for Experian, I had no credit cards, a tax lien, and two unpaid collections.  Now I have two credit cards, tax lien is gone, and down to one paid collection.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I finally got my tax lien off Equifax and Transunion, as well as a collection that disappeared for no discernible reason, (and yes I know it can and probably will come back but I don't want to think about that right now, lol), I'm finally starting to make some progress.  I can't wait for tomorrow for creditkarma to update so I can see how much of a bump I get.  I know those are fakos, but my fico score from my discover statement doesn't update for over three weeks.  Plus just for fun I checked Experian, (I pay for that service), and since buying the service at the beginning of April my score has gone up 100 points!  (From 582-682)  And I'm hoping to see a bigger score bump later in the month when my credit cards report because my utilization is way down, (last month it was near 30%, this month I'm going to get it down to less than 10).  Very exciting!  Thank you all for your wonderful help, I couldn't have done it without this forum!  Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 5 of 9
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Good work!
Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!

Message 7 of 9
jsantiago102
Valued Member

Congratulations! It is so rewarding when we see the score go up right? 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much everyone!  Smiley Happy  My updated scores are in my signature.  A year ago I thought I'd NEVER get to 700, and now I'm so close I can taste it!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.