Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the rounds on prequal sites this morning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making the rounds on prequal sites this morning

And I keep getting the same message. It starts off....

Hahahaha hahaha hahaha  haha .... We are sorry but we have no prequalified offers for you at this time, may we suggest....

Well, crap. At least it cured the app itch!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Making the rounds on prequal sites this morning

Yep, I get a lot of those also.

The BIG test - are you strong enough to look at sites with the SCT and NOT accept any offers or buy things?

I can do it, but to be honest, I already have 3 SCT cards from June and July - two Visa CCs and Overstock.  I can just look at the statements now instead of actual carts.

That Overstock is sneaky!  I bought new drapes for a bedroom and it looks great.  This month, I had to buy it for the second bedroom.  Kind of like a big potato chip, cant get just one.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the sct to boost my fragile credit ego. I go to a store, get the pop up, and then decline it, just so I can feel all superior about myself for declining credit. It's a cheap thrill but it works lol. But I do have some store cards, including overstock. I needed a carpet steam cleaner...and every stinking time I think I am going to pay it off something else catches my attention. At the moment I am browsing those really nice electric fireplaces on overstock and brylane homes...sneaky basterds.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good - Congrats on 'practicing' the SCT and not accepting.

I have a SCT Trick,  I am not really great at math, but t would be my SCT with the T as 'squared', or maybe SCTT.

When I find something I want, I put it in my cart and then go away.  I also add it to my 'wish list' when they have one.

They almost always send me 'did you forget something' email.  And sometimes, I get a special offer with a reduced price for that item, or a coupon, or free shipping or something to entice me to purchase.

I just got a 10% offer on a computer part I need from a computer parts store.

So keep practicing the SCT and practicing using the pre-quals, good that you can resist.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.