cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing a Collection

tag
AnneFu

Managing a Collection

This happened over a year ago and I am still ticked off at myself for it. I canceled my Time Warner service and they were supposed to mail me a box so that I could mail the modem back. They never mailed the box and I just kept the modem. A few months later I pulled up my credit report and saw the collection. I immediately called the agency and paid the $50. Is there anything I can do to get it removed? My score is 644 and my other score, Equifax, I think, is 730 and that report doesn't show the collection so it's obviously having a dramatic effect. Do I have any options?

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]

682YC04711
$50
$0
Feb, 2012
Time Warner Cab
XXXXXX8194
Individual
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Managing a Collection

Message 2 of 4
AnneFu

Thank you for your reply. For anyone wondering - here is a wonderful link about what GW letters are: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

My only other question - how do I find out who the collection agency is? I only have the code and nothing comes up via Google.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Pull your report from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't got your free ones yet or directly from the CRAs if you have.  You may be able to contact the CRA by phone and ask who it is.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.