Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing collections on just Transunion report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing collections on just Transunion report

I recently pulled credit reports from all three agencies, just wanted to fix up some loose ends.

From transunion, there is one account open for collections, from NCO Financial. $75 for medical services. Placed for collection in 2007, last updated in 2012, says it will be removed in 2014. Should I just leave it alone and have it disappear in a few years? Or will it come back to haunt me?

Experian is clear.

Equifax is clear except for one missed student loan payment five years back.

So what I have is just that one collections up there. Otherwise lots of student loans to pay back (will not have a problem). Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Managing collections on just Transunion report

Glad you asked..

I had 4 NCO financial collections and when I paid they removed right away didn't even send a PFD either. The CSR will say no but they sent letters right away to stating they were sending a "universal letter" to all 3 bureaus.

AND TU is the easiest report to deal with AND medical are the easiest to remove..so go for it. Still do a PFD..I mean don't take my word for it, still cover yourself but I think you are in the clear..

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.