cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Processing of a request for early removal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual Processing of a request for early removal?

I have been trolling around in here reading everyone's information, and I saw people talking about early exclusion.  I have two old Cap 1 and their counterpart collection accounts set to fall off in less than 5 months.  From everything I saw on the board, I went ahead and set up a request for early removal online. I also disputed the information for a card showing late payments after I closed the account.

Immediately I got a response that they had verified my late payments?  I'm not as interersted in what happens with that account. I can verify that with the original creditor.

This update showed for a day (we have completed 1 of 5).  I logged in thismorning, and I saw this statement.

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

Has anyone else dealth with this?  What happened when you got this message?  Is it because it's for early exclusion?

Thanks for all your help here on the board. My file has gotten really thin by cleaning it up myself.  This is my one last negative.  I know that I will have to wait for an apporpriate time frame to early exclude the EX and EQ information.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Manual Processing of a request for early removal?

I have seen it before. I would call and ask them about yours to be specific.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright. Thanks for the information

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You cant request an early exclusion online its not possible. This forum only advocates calling the CRAs or writing a letter to them asking for it. What has happened with you requesting it online is its entered a dispute and will most likely come back verified and remain, one would not want to dispute valid TL information. Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if disputing it online was an option, I don't think I would go that route. I would still call or write a letter explaining exactly what your intentions are. You're not actually disputing the validity of the debt, you're just requesting the TL to be excluded early. When you call into TU, the CSR will mention that they'll put in a dispute, but that's only their internal terminology. It's not a real dispute.

I recently got a midland collection excluded early on TU. It took quite a few phone calls to finally get somebody to understand what I wanted. She said she would put in a dispute. I told her to go ahead with it but to make a personal note from me saying I wasn't disputing the validity of the debt, only requesting early exclusion. It was gone within hours.

Calling this number to TU worked for me. It gets you right to an American CSR.

TU: 888-259-6845 (6am-12 pacific time)

Good Luck!!!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.