Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual investigations

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Manual investigations

Being that all disputes to the CRA are done via eOscar, is their any way for the consumer to get manual investigations? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Manual investigations

I've got one even better than that.  Do a direct dispute with the creditor.  I just put up a sticky this morning for it that was supplied by guiness56.  It is an excellent method.  Look up in the stickies above for direct dispute.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I live in Texas, so how can i incorporate Texas Finance Code into that letter?  And would it be wise to do so?

@Shogun wrote:

I've got one even better than that.  Do a direct dispute with the creditor.  I just put up a sticky this morning for it that was supplied by guiness56.  It is an excellent method.  Look up in the stickies above for direct dispute.

Message 3 of 5
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

And what is the step after the direct dispute to the OC?  CRA seem to care less about any disputes done to OC or CA.  As long as the information is "verified" to them, they will continue to list it on your profile.  What gives?  EX and TU are the worst for me

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Some people have some success with disputes to the CRAs.  If you have a valid reason and can back up your dispute with documentation, then that's the way it should work.  However, alot of people, and Credit Repair Services, just dispute.  There is a system the CRAs use to handle the dispute system called eOscar.  Basically, it entails this.   Is there a debt?  yup,,   good enough, verify that sucker.  Smiley Happy

There are other methods that work better.

You live in TX, which gives you an extra tool, the DV via the TX finance code.  Unlike the one for the other 49 states, if using this code, it doesn't have to be timely.  Meaning it doesn't have to be sent within 30 days of the first dunning notice.  Also, it demands deletion of the TL if it is not properly verified within 30 days.   A normal DV does not require this.

Remember though, DVs are only for CAs, not for OCs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.