Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual review for dispute?

tag
notyou
Valued Member

Manual review for dispute?

I logged in to check my transunion dispute, and this is what it said

We have discovered that your request requires additional manual processing. As a result, online delivery of your dispute resolution is unavailable at this time.

What in the world? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Manual review for dispute?

I recall mailing a dispute with additional info and got a response like that. It's certainly better than an automatic review.

Message 2 of 10
notyou
Valued Member

I didn't dispute anything HUGE though. 2 late payments, that have already been verified. (they're showing up on my TU report again, so I'm sure they have been verified) and a paid collection from 2007. I can only assume the collection company isn't responding to the e-oscar so maybe that is what they're doing? I just wonder what on earth could warrant a manual review! lol

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The FCRA does not provide for extension of their period for reinvestigation of your dispute based on any problems with their internal processing procedures.

I would send them the following:

Having failed to complete your reinvestigation of my dispute within the period prescribed under FCRA 611(a), or to report the results of that reinvestigation to me within the five day period after expiration of your reinvestigation period, as required under FCRA 611(a)(6), I request that you immediately delete the disputed information from my credit file as not having been verified within the prescribed statutory period, as mandated under FCRA 611(a)(5)(A)(i).

Message 4 of 10
notyou
Valued Member

They have 30 days right Robert? They have 3 more days to hit 30. Do they have 30 days to complete and inform me, or 30 days to complete and then inform me? Did that make any sense?

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The statue compels them to complete their reinvestigation within 30 days of the date of your dispute.  That period can be extended to 45 days if you filed addtional info with them during the reinvestigation period, but I presume you did not.  So expiration of their reinvestigation period would be 30 days from date of receipt of your dispute.

After expiration of their reinvestigation period, they are required to provide Notice of Results to you within 5 business days thereafter.

30 days plus five days (or 7 days if there is an interveinging weekend), plus mailing time...........  approx 40-45 days after date of dispute is an appropriate time to start complaining.

Message 6 of 10
notyou
Valued Member

Ok thank you so much!

Visiting this forum should be a requirement to get any kind of credit! lol So, helpful!

Message 7 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

As long as you dont work for the cc companySmiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 10
notyou
Valued Member

Well that was strange. I got the results e-mailed this morning. All but one item (a late from 2008) were deleted! Nice 32 point jump! woohoo!

Message 9 of 10
annielorie
Valued Contributor

that is great see time is money money is time its trueSmiley Surprised

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.