cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many credit questions. CO, Rehab, Collections. Please help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many credit questions. CO, Rehab, Collections. Please help.

I've been a long time lurker on this board and have managed to raise my TU and EQ scores from the 590 range to around 650 using advice found here. I've been making the conscious decision to get my profile in good shape after screwing it up when I was younger and lost my job. I got my credit reports the other day and I was wondering if you guys could help me take the next steps.

Chase Loan - 3,091 charge off. First delinquency 8/2011. I'd like to pay this but can't offer the full amount, what are my options?

Fedloan Servicing - 1,491 past due. 7/2012 first delinquency. (I believe that this and US DOE are one in the same)

Fedloan Servicing - 1,750 past due. 7/2012 first delinquency. (I believe that this and US DOE are one in the same)

US DOE - 566 past due. 7/2012 first delinquency. Collections account. Scheduled payment amount 124 (rehabilitation agreement), actual payment amount 62 (Why is this only half of what I'm paying?) It is updating to reflect monthly payments made to the collections agency.

DOE - 551 past due. First delinquency 7/2012. Collections account. Scheduled payment amount 124 (rehabilitation agreement), actual payment amount 61 (Why is this only half of what I'm paying?). It is updating to reflect monthly payments to the collections agency.

The rehabilation will end in October of this year, then will be transferred to another loan company. Any idea which portions of the above will be removed from my credit reports?

They garnished my tax refund of about $2,000 to pay off some of the debts. We are trying to recoup $700+ of it due to injured spouse relief. It's been 6 weeks and haven't heard back, can't get them on the phone, any ideas if we'll succeed?

CapitalOne - Had the account open for 3 years, lost my job and failed to pay. Reported as a paid charge off. I was summoned to court June 2013, and to avoid the court date (was on vacation that week meeting my current in-laws for the first time) I paid the balance in full. First delinquency 12/2011, date of first reported delinquency 6/2012. Which date would I follow in knowing when it would drop off? I've called them about removing it for goodwill and the woman was very nice, however she told me that it would be illegal to remove the charge off because it would be fraud if she altered the reports. Is this true?

Chase Credit Card - Charge off for 1,283. First delinquency 12/2011. I'd like to pay this off and work with Chase again. Is reporting as paid - charge off any better than just charge off?

Currently I have 3 CapitalOne QuickSilver Rewards Cards (1,100, 1,350 and 1,500 CL), Amazon Store Card (1,500 CL), 1FB USA Card (Oldest card, 900 CL), HSN Store Card (1,750 CL), BlueNile Store Card (1,000 CL), Overstock Store Card (650 CL) Bank of America Cash Rewards Partially Secured Card (Most recent card, 500 CL). 

I really only use the Amazon card for the 5% cash back, the QS cards for automated billing services such as Netflix and the BoA card is now my grocery card for the 2% back. Each bill is paid in full every month.

CK reports my current scores at TU 651, EQ 641 and Credit.com reports my EX at 627.

I'm not looking for any more credit cards, and won't be applying for 6 months - 1 year when some of my HQ's fall off.

Any and all help for the questions in bold would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.