Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marigold Financial - Update

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Marigold Financial - Update

I have a collection from them on my CR. I sent a DV CMRRR to the address on my CR but it was returned undeliverable. Anyone have any contact info for them? I searched in google but I'm a little reluctant to trust what's out there. Just want to be sure it's the correct one. I had disputed this on EXP and it came back "updated" but nothing changed. EXP said to contact them and now this... Any other advice besides sending the DV to a different address?

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Marigold Financial

Generally I google the company name and send the letter to the address on their website if there isn't an address on my CR or if it is wrong. Is the address on your CR in Riverside? If so I would say its a pretty good chance (99.99%) that is the one I found on google.
Message 2 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to bump this thread I started... I re-sent the DV to Marigold Financial to the address I found on google as suggested. It has again been returned as undeliverable. Is this enough to get this collection removed from my CR? Any advice as to how to do it? Send copies of my return receipts/envelopes to the the credit bureau?

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 3 of 12
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Kennie02 wrote:

I wanted to bump this thread I started... I re-sent the DV to Marigold Financial to the address I found on google as suggested. It has again been returned as undeliverable. Is this enough to get this collection removed from my CR? Any advice as to how to do it? Send copies of my return receipts/envelopes to the the credit bureau?

Have you tried calling and asking for a mailing address? You don't have to give your name or anything. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I could do that. I could block my number just in case too. But I guess I don't see why I should have to go through so much trouble to send them a letter. Also, it seems Experian had no trouble "verifying or updating" this collection as mine.... geez...

Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 5 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Re: Marigold Financial - Update

Just called. He gave me the same address that I found on google. My only collection on Experian (don't recognize the account) and I can't get rid of it... Ugh...
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not have this CA but had the same issue. Mine would not accept any signature required documents. Is the DV within 30 days of your dunning letter?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not have this CA but had the same issue. Mine would not accept any signature required documents. Is the DV within 30 days of your dunning letter?

Refusing to accept CMRRR is something known in legal circles as 'willful blindness'. Courts do not look favorably on it. If you CMRRR their official address within the 30 days of recieving a dunning notice, you would be within your rights to take them to court for FDCPA violations if they continued collection activity.

Message 8 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

I have never received a dunning notice from Marigold Financial. I saw them listed on my CR. I did not recognize the original creditor listed so that is why I sent the DV. Would I still be able to take them to court? Any ideas on how to do that?
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the thing about Validation - the legal 'bar' for validation is really, really LOW. All they really have to provide is the name of the original creditor and the amount of the original default, along with any added fees or interest.

And there is no time limit for providing the validation information. So as long as they do not DO anything to try to collect, they have not really done anything wrong, willful blindness aside. Until they actually DO something, send a notice, call you or bring suit, they have not done anything wrong, and they have not violated the "cease collection bar." You DO need to keep the returned letters however, should they try to pursue the debt without providing validation. It is legal documentation that you atempted a timely DV when you discovered the item on your report, they demontrated willful blindness to that attempt.

Now if you genuinely believe that this is not your debt at all, you can notify your police department and swear out an ID theft affidavit, then provide that affidavit to the CRA's and they are required to remove that item from your reports.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.