Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Tax Lien success!!!

tag
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

Maryland Tax Lien success!!!

Wow. Friday the 13th is always my lucky day. I received a call from the Comptroller's office telling me that he would be " more than happy to submit a Tax Lien Withdrawal/ Vacate " today. All I did was send an email through the Comptroller website on Monday and explain that I paid the lien as soon as I was alerted and was trying to get a mortgage. He was very polite. That's a 5 day turnaround in GW success! Will I see a score bump?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: Maryland Tax Lien success!!!

@Mrzjbabii wrote:
Wow. Friday the 13th is always my lucky day. I received a call from the Comptroller's office telling me that he would be " more than happy to submit a Tax Lien Withdrawal/ Vacate " today. All I did was send an email through the Comptroller website on Monday and explain that I paid the lien as soon as I was alerted and was trying to get a mortgage. He was very polite. That's a 5 day turnaround in GW success! Will I see a score bump?

My family has always believed Friday the 13th is lucky, not unlucky. Smiley Happy My mom was disappointed when I was born Sat Oct 14th instead of my due date the day before lol. But I was born on my Great Grandma's birthday, so she was still happy.

Anyways, CONGRATS!!! I don't know what kind of score change you have in store, but definitely let us know!!

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 8
mintons
Established Member

Hey there, was it a state lien?  I have a state lien on my report that I have paid off, however, I was under the impression that it was up to the local county clerk office to remove it, but when I asked them to do so, they informed me that they did not do it, and told me to dispute it.  I did dispute it as paid, and they then just confirmed it had been paid, but did not remove it.

If it was a state lien, can you share  how you found out who to send the email to?  I can seem to find the Ohio Comptrollers office information.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 8
GooseGirl
Contributor

Congratulations! If you only had 1 tax lien and it is being removed then you should definitely see an increase. Based on what I have seen posted before I would imagine it should be a decent increase.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 8
Mrzjbabii
New Contributor

It was a state tax lien issued in Sept 2012 and paid March 2013. I went to the state comptroller website and sent an email through the contact page. I explained my hopes of obtaining a mortgage and an agent called me back within 48 hours. He said that he submitted a tax withdrawal or vacate notice to the court and they will remove it. He is sending me a copy so that I may send it to the CRAs.

And it was my only tax lien. Here's to an increase. I have 4 unpaid collections still but I've seen an almost 120 point increase in one month.
Message 5 of 8
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

A 120 point increase?! Amazing! That would put me at the lowest score a 627. lol. I would love that. Hope you get an even bigger increase! The more points the better, in my opinion lol. Keep going, get those collections removed!

Btw, what are the collections for?

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 6 of 8
nikkiheaven
Contributor

What email address did you send it to?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto the last poster, to whom did you send your email?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.