Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive U.S. Bank Mess

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Massive U.S. Bank Mess

I am trying to clean up my credit and it appears that I have on all three credit reports a massive U.S. Bank mess. One creditor is claiming I paid off the debt with them, which I did after I was threatened to be sued while I was at work (now I know that is illegal, but I was a naive 20-something back in those days and scared). The other creditor, which I keep getting referred to U.S Bank, says I never paid off the debt. Now here is the really odd thing - my credit report shows that I paid that credit card in full back in 2007. It is listed in the "good" part of my credit report. Any suggestions what I should do? I am thinking about filing a report with the CFPB or with each credit reporting agenecy, but I need the paperwork and don't know what to ask for. Please help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Massive U.S. Bank Mess

I would send off a DV to the CAs on my report. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Massive U.S. Bank Mess

Is this a CA that has been in contact with you regarding the US Bank account?  If so, send them a DV.  They are required to cease and desist any and all collection activities until the debt has been validated.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.