Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe just maybe...State tax lien will be removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe just maybe...State tax lien will be removed

Hello Rebuilders!

Ok, so I got my fingers crossed ...hoping beyond all hope, that a state tax lien will be removed from my EQ CR.

A little background...the end of Sept, I put 2 student loans in dispute because they were inaccurate.  EQ initially had an estimated completion date of 10/30/2016. Crap, I thought, I'm gonna have to wait a whole month before I know anything. 

A few days later, the estimated completion date was set to 10/03/2016, but the status remained in pending. The completion date did not change and the status remained as pending until yesterday - when all of a sudden, I got an alert from myFico that my EQ Fico 8 score changed.  Since nothing was scheduled to report yesterday, I quickly ordered a EQ ScorePower report and yep...lo and behold...the two students loans had been removed and my Fico 8 score increased to 655.  

Given this positive turn of events ( and despite the fact I had completely convinced myself that it was here to stay),  yesterday, I decided to dispute my State tax lien.  Again, EQ gave it an estimated completion date of 11/30/2016.  I based my dispute on the following:

1) the amount reported was wrong

2) the lien had been released and withdrawn (based on the initial conversation with tax agent when I made my last payment).  Paperwork was supposedly sent back when it was paid off, but I never got it despite being told it was sent twice.  Unfortunately, this means I had no proof.  

So now...today...

I just looked on EQ and the state tax lien shows an estimated completion date of 10/17/2016!

I'm hoping that this follows the same pattern of the student loans...That this quick change in the estimated completion date means that the state tax lien will be removed ...and not that EQ quickly decided NO and Heck NO (the not so nice word).

If EQ does remove this state tax lien, I will try to have it removed from TU and EX. If EQ don't remove it, I won't even bother with trying to dispute it with TU and EX.

Keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed.  Wish me luck!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe just maybe...State tax lien will be removed

Dang! It's a no go. Smiley Sad

I'm beginning to think that disputing Tax Liens online is a waste of time. You're only going to get auto-responses. I think it's time to go the snail mail route. And if that doesn't work, I guess I will be filing a compaint. Smiley Sad

I hate State Tax Liens!! They seem IMPOSSIBLE to get removed. Oh!, If only I owed the Feds. Atleast then, I would have an option. Sigh.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Tax liens have an exclusion date under FCRA 605(a) of 7 years from date paid.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Tax liens have an exclusion date under FCRA 605(a) of 7 years from date paid.

Unfortunately, I am trying to get it removed before that 7 year timeframe and my state will not aid in the removal in any way, shape or form.  So I'm on my own. The state's website indicate that they will cancel the lien after it is paid in full. This cancellation seems to mean nothing to the CBs auto-reply.  Arrrgh!

I'm going to keep at it though and try to get it removed.  Time to move to mail disputes. 

Thank you for responding. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.