Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe posting here instead will work - judgment score question

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Maybe posting here instead will work - judgment score question

I apparently have 2 judgments - one filed 5/7 and one filed 9/6.  If I were to satisfy these with the OCs (the 5/7 one has a CA reporting) and get a satisfaction of judgment to get them satisfied, how long would my score suffer from new activity? 

Also: I am PFDing some other CA issues.  If this is unsuccessful, how long will my score suffer from the new activity of paying them?  I know there's a weighting to credit info from the prior 2 years...is that how long these look new again if I pay them? 

Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe posting here instead will work - judgment score question

You're looking at  7 years minimum.  I would suggest you take a different route and approach the people that are actually trying to collect the debt at this point.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe posting here instead will work - judgment score question

@mauve wrote:

I apparently have 2 judgments - one filed 5/7 and one filed 9/6.  If I were to satisfy these with the OCs (the 5/7 one has a CA reporting) and get a satisfaction of judgment to get them satisfied, how long would my score suffer from new activity? 

Also: I am PFDing some other CA issues.  If this is unsuccessful, how long will my score suffer from the new activity of paying them?  I know there's a weighting to credit info from the prior 2 years...is that how long these look new again if I pay them? 

Thanks!

I don't think the judgments reporting as satisfied will help or hurt your score at all.  It would help with a creditor who conducts a manual review in deciding whether or not to grant you credit, though.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.