Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcydsnb

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mcydsnb

I use to have a Macy's card and I closed it back in 2011. Why would Macy's recently start updating a closed account from so long ago and only to EX? I get an account has been updated. When I look at it it's MCYDSNB and account status is paid loan and 0.00 balance. My EX score always improves with this update. It just went up 19 pts. It just seems odd. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mcydsnb

@Anonymous wrote:

I use to have a Macy's card and I closed it back in 2011. Why would Macy's recently start updating a closed account from so long ago and only to EX? I get an account has been updated. When I look at it it's MCYDSNB and account status is paid loan and 0.00 balance. My EX score always improves with this update. It just went up 19 pts. It just seems odd. 

Positive closed accounts report to the CBs for 10 years.  You could possibly contact Macy's and see if they could start updating to the other 2 bureaus.  Not sure what the rules are in regards to reporting requirements though. 

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Odd indeed but if its having positive affect i just let sleeping dogs lyeSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I guess I'll let it be
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.