Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mean CA tactics :/

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mean CA tactics :/

I have one last CA that is due to fall off EX (only on EX) in Oct 16. They have been terrible - threatening and harassing with no validation or verification of the debt for which they say they are going to send a sheriff to my work place - at least 6 times in 30 days in an almost 7 year old account.

This account only showed up on my EX report for the first time last August -- with no related OC.

Anyhow, I filed a complaint with CFPB about their practices and as a big old thank you the CA just updated my account with a negative active CA yesterday. They have only reported once in August of last year and all of a sudden they are reporting again? Can't be coincidental. Jerks.

October can't come soon enough.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mean CA tactics :/

Call EX and ask for a supervisor and ask for an EE. You might get lucky or you might have to wait until next month. EX will often do EE's up to 3 months early. If necessary call once a week or so.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Call EX and ask for a supervisor and ask for an EE. You might get lucky or you might have to wait until next month. EX will often do EE's up to 3 months early. If necessary call once a week or so.

EX lists early exclusion dates already as the date due to continue on record until. Oct '16 probably is the EE date.

What the OP is describing is a violation. Hopefully Robert sees this thread and gives the exact violation.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it has passed SOL in your state?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI I filed the complaint about their practices on June 25 so I'm hoping for some sort of update soon. It's just so grumpy and meanspirited of the CA to update the account out of what appears to be spite. 

And lowkey, you know ALL about my EX EE troubles for this account. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI I filed the complaint about their practices on June 25 so I'm hoping for some sort of update soon. It's just so grumpy and meanspirited of the CA to update the account out of what appears to be spite. 

And lowkey, you know ALL about my EX EE troubles for this account. 

Let us never speak of EE on EX on this again.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sure it has passed SOL in your state?

Waaaaay past SOL. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time they call tell them the call is being recorded. Get them on tape making their threats. Then sue them. Really sue them...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.