Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med CA Licensing Question

tag
flcredit99

Med CA Licensing Question

Hello all-

I have 2 medical collections showing on my reports with the same CA. Each for $800, incurred in 2009 & 2012. The one from 2009 should have been paid by Medicaid (they paid everything else from that ER visit). The one from 2012 is still unpaid, but I can pay it now.

My question is how should I approach these? I disputed them with CRA and they came back verified. I don't have any documentation on either of them. How should I find out if Medicaid paid the one from 2009?

Also, the CA is a small, local CA in the town, state I used to live in (FL). I moved to a different state about 6 months ago. This CA is not licensed in my new state and it's updating these collections every month.

How can I go about fixing this? Any ideas and/or suggestions would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Med CA Licensing Question

For the one from Medicaid, contact them (Medicaid) and see if they can tell you why it wasn't paid or if it was.  If you have Medicaid and it was covered you cannot be sent to collections for it.

Send the CA a letter and tell them they aren't licensed to do business in your state and are violating state laws.  Be sure they are not licensed though.

Message 2 of 5
flcredit99

Thank you for your response...I will have to see if I have any old medical bills and medicaid correspondence and then contact them to see what happened. Do you know if they would still pay it now if it were somehow overlooked?

Message 3 of 5
flcredit99

Also, I did check with the my new state and they are not licensed here. They are a small, local CA, collecting for local hospitals and doctors' offices.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

IIRC, Medicaid has to pay everything that you were covered for.  If it is their mistake or a mistake of the hospital, they still should pay it if you were covered then.

My daughter has Medicaid.  There are times when she will get an EOB from them for something that was not paid due to an error from the Dr or hospital.  Never once has she had a collection pop up because it was unpaid.

Them and Medicare are the only two I am aware of you cannot be held responsible for the bill.  Even if it isn't covered. 

If it wasn't covered the hospital/doctors would know before hand and not do the procedure or what ever it was.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.