Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med. Collect Held by Law Firm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Med. Collect Held by Law Firm

The Original date listed on the credit report is from 2009. I requested validation and got an email with the following:

This office has been retained by XXXXX HOSPITAL. The current balance we show is $90.xx. Please allow this letter to serve as a statement of your account as of the date shown above.

Our records indicate the last payment made to our office was:

(there was NO TEXT after that last line)

Is that considered proper validation? The info on the credit report says more than this email! When I spoke with the person on the phone (she called to make contact and get my email) she made it a point to say "you can pay this by phone or mail a check and we will delete it immediately from your credit file."

How would you proceed? I don't really feel like I have validation of what this is really even for? Yeah, it's only $90 and I could pay it and delete it, but what if I really don't owe this? I thought I had paid that in full back in 2010, the original amount was over $400 and I remember paying it. Help me out here!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Med. Collect Held by Law Firm

@Anonymous wrote:

The Original date listed on the credit report is from 2009. I requested validation and got an email with the following:

This office has been retained by XXXXX HOSPITAL. The current balance we show is $90.xx. Please allow this letter to serve as a statement of your account as of the date shown above.

Our records indicate the last payment made to our office was:

(there was NO TEXT after that last line)

Is that considered proper validation? The info on the credit report says more than this email! When I spoke with the person on the phone (she called to make contact and get my email) she made it a point to say "you can pay this by phone or mail a check and we will delete it immediately from your credit file."

How would you proceed? I don't really feel like I have validation of what this is really even for? Yeah, it's only $90 and I could pay it and delete it, but what if I really don't owe this? I thought I had paid that in full back in 2010, the original amount was over $400 and I remember paying it. Help me out here!

Validation doesnt take much and what this is actually for is prohibited from being released to outside sources by HIPAA, if they were to describe what it is for that would be a HIPAA Violation. I suggest you contact the billing office of the hospital to sit down and work this out, they can show you what its for. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.